Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Sending a two tone RIF to Northern Ireland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending a two tone RIF to Northern Ireland.

Hi there. Does anybody know of any issues with this? A lad wants to buy a Tm G3 from me but wants it two toning and sending to Enniskillen in NI. I've got no problem sending it just wanted to know if there were any issues with it being a RIF. Also, what paint would you recommend for painting this gun?
    Cheers folks.

Re: Sending a two tone RIF to Northern Ireland.

1: the lad still needs to be over 18 to buy an IF
    2: no problem sending a RIF or IF to NI, just send it by Royal Mail signed for so you are insured
    3: Halfords car spray paint is fine, just rough the surface slightly with wire wool and it will stick nicely.
    Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

No different sending to Northern Ireland than to anywhere else in the UK. Only advice is to send it by ground mail. If it goes by air the guy in the x-ray machine at the airport doesn't seem to understand that you're not arming terrorists! It will be held and checked. Had this happen a few times and the gun has eventually turned up after about 2 weeks.Write 'DO NOT FLY' on it, send it by PF48 or RM insured and it'll get here fine. As for painting; as above Halfords paint or B&Q sell small tins of plasticote at £3.49. Enough to do any gun with some to spare.
      "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Make sure it's under 328fps as well - anything over that is considered a Section 5 firearm.

Comment

The FPS should'nt be a problem as its a bog standard TM G3 SG 1. Likewise the paint problem is solved (cheers lads). Only thing is how to obtain proof of age thats legit?

Comment

Ask for his site's phone number and ask them.

Comment

Being a two-tone buyer, he might not have a site or the site might not necessarily know, especially if he's renting (which a two-tone owner might well be). If they don't, ask for a photocopy of his drivers' license and passport. It's one thing to be cautious when selling RIFs but when shipping them over national borders you should engage in a serious cover-your-arse programme before sending anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Ask for his site's phone number and ask them.
                It's to be two-toned thus probably not a regular anywhere.
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

He may have a driving license/student ID/passport, so can send a picture of it (blanking out numbers). If you have a name and address a facebook search may well turn him up and you should be able to see if he is over 18 from his profile. Basically try to satisfy yourself that the buyer is over 18 as that's all you can do as a seller.
                  Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Cheers fellas. I have p'med him requesting either a copy of his photo driving licence or a copy of his passport photo page. Good idea about the Facebook page. Not a member myself but the missus is.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

0880yorkie Likes big cars, faster bikes, guns, beer and the wind in my flowing locks. Lol. Find out more about 0880yorkie
                    Working...
                    X