Has anybody mounted a sling to the top rail (Optic rail) of their M4/M16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody mounted a sling to the top rail (Optic rail) of their M4/M16

Has anybody every mounted a sling to the top rail (Optic rail) of an M4, Because my current gun with a single point sling it just a little abouve the ground and I would like it to be higher. But on my gun the only sling mount is at the back of full stock so I was wondering if I could attack a sling monut to the top rail and have the sling attached there.

But are top rails strong enough to hold the weight of the Gun

Thanks

Re: Has anybody mounted a sling to the top rail (Optic rail) of their M4/M16

It'll hang weirdly if you sling it off the carry handle, and it'll get in the way of sights etc. If you've got a railed front end, get a weaver sling mount?
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

It wouldn't hang right and would get in the way I reckon.

Get something like this: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1645

It will wrap tightly round the narrowest part of the stock near the receiver and give you a better mount position.

I've also seen metal adaptors that will fit round that part of a solid stock too, but I couldn't find a Z1 link!

Comment

The stock tube sling mounts are the way ahead, especially with single point slings.

Comment

king arms m16 single point sling mount

Google that^^ and you will find what you need.

Comment

A Magpul ASAP single point sling mount should solve your problems, theyre also very handy as they let you switch the gun from either side very quickly, ideal for ambidexterous shooters like me who like to flip it from shoulder to shoulder for shooting round corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
              king arms m16 single point sling mount

Google that^^ and you will find what you need.
              What I use on my M16 with an MS2 Singlepoint.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I use a Magpul RSA on the top rail of my TM G36 Recoil because I'm left handed and the ideal point for a single point is on the wrong side of the gun. It works perfectly for me and doesn't even get in the way of my iron sights.
                I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda
                SKADOOSH!

Comment

Magpul RSA for the win, or Asap plate

Comment

Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

He mentions full stock in his post, so I assume solid stock. Some of those adaptors will only fit buffer tubes, he'll need a specific version. A Magpul ASAP won't fit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gibbo My name is Tom and I have been airsofting for about 4 years on and off but have got into it more now Find out more about Gibbo
                      Working...
                      X