Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Compacts,pocket guns,mouse guns. Do they have a place in airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compacts,pocket guns,mouse guns. Do they have a place in airsoft?

I was randomly looking at guns today and realised that not many companies do these type of pistols.

The only ones that come to mind are Marushin Derringer and COP .357, HFC Colt 25, (someone does a springer too) Then a couple that I really wouldn't put in this class but I know people will bring it up being the Glock 26 and Detonics .45

So do they have a place in Airsoft?
    Would they only be used as collectors pieces or would you skirmish with them?
    Do you think companies don't do them as they might be complicated
    Would you buy them? and what type would you like to see?

There is no real point to this thread other than me liking the look of these tiny pistols and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks of them.

Re: Compacts,pocket guns,mouse guns. Do they have a place in airsoft?

there is an airsoft derringer, and in some role play games having concealed weapons is important.

and it's quite useful for VIP's in vip target games ... unexpected that the VIP would have a concealed weapon?

thats all i can think of

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

As you have rightly said, someone will bring up the Detonics .45, Me!
      Epic little pistols, I keep mine as a tertiary gun in my admin panel (little pocket behind for a PRR).
      Absolutely ideal for those situations you never thought you would need it for, plus people laugh when they see the pistol and how small it is, then laugh not so much when I pick them off at 40m with said teeny pistol.
      They have as much place in airsoft as any other pistol really.
      If a race gun has as much place on the skirmish field, then why not a small pistol (handbag gun and such like)?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Personally I love them and always carry my Western Arms Beretta M1934 which is an awesome little thing. I've also got one of the first generation marushin derringers that hold ten shots which is yet to see a field.

Not the most practical pistols but still nice weapons to own :D

Comment

i love my ikkle pistols, ive got a marushin gold derry, COP .357, HFC Colt 25, WA M1934, Detonics .45, maruzen PPK and the only one that i skirmish with is my old faithful KWA G26c.

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Would love Marui to make a Beretta PX4 Compact

Yuhtatatatatatata!
            sigpic

Comment

'Noisy Cricket' s'il vouz plait.

Comment

I think if it can fire a 6mm BB in the direction you want it to go in, it has a place in airsoft.

For a typical Sunday walk-on It shouldn't matter if you are lugging about a Vulcan minigun or using a loading tube from a a 15 year old TM MP5 as a blowpipe. If i can hit you with it, well done me.

For mil-sim / more serious event days, i think it should at least look like a real steel weapon.

I like the smaller pistols. They are impracticle when going up against a 30rps box mag'd AEG, but if you do get "that" kill it is big smiles for the rest of the day. I am hopefully trading a G18c for a G26 for this very reason.

Comment

In terms of size, yes definitely has a place in airsoft. They make great backups, especially if you're running a fairly lightweight loadout. If you're using an MP7 as your primary, it might make more sense to carry a micro pistol as a secondary rather than a hulking great MK23 which may as well be the same size as your primary.

In terms of a concealed weapon/surprise weapon, I don't really see it. Perhaps in some sort of RP scenario, but it's normally safe to assume that that guy having a wander round the field does have a gun on him and is not relying solely on knife kills to get his green fee's worth.

Comment

I got nailed by a derringer at the last NAE......do I guess they can be very useful!
                    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Great responses so far.

I remember my buddy lending his mate an old Colt 25 springer to assault an ammo dump in one game. A first time player took out 2 big mouth wannabe professional airsofters with 2 shots from a 5 year old springer WIN!!

I don't think they said a word for the rest of the day

Micro Desert Eagle anybody?

Comment

Micro Desert Eagle... isn't that a bit like having a 1 litre engine in a Ferarri?

Desert Eagle... Go big or go home!

Comment

Love it when the so called underdogs use skill and cunning to wipe the smile off the face of the big ego , look how much I spent on my gun guys .. Proves that Airsoft has a place for everyone be they rich or poor pro player or noob , . Makes my day !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
                            I got nailed by a derringer at the last NAE......do I guess they can be very useful!
                            I think I might know who shot you :D

Comment

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
                              I think I might know who shot you :D
                              Cunning little bugger!!
                              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coz Find out more about Coz
                              Working...
                              X