X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? Royal Mail - sorry, Fail

Basic info:

I have a few packages on order from several people on this forum, and companies etc - total of packages must be 6 or so.

Yesterday morning, I took the opportunity to place an order for 2 m4 rails for the handguards on Ebay, and selected them to be sent out first class.
    I got a message from the seller saying he'd posted them, around 1100 on Friday morning.

With my other packages, they've been sent out during the week.

Now interestingly, nothing arrived during the week - yet on one of the days I was home and saw the regular post man ride past every house in the street, and no mail was delivered to anyone during that day. This was roughly 1430 in the afternoon. Late for post, i know.... but this morning, I had a small package delivered, containing the two rails...
    I've also been assured that the other packages have been sent. Even 2nd Class posting, mid-week, would possibly come on the Saturday.

Is it just me or does anyone get the feeling that sometimes they can't be arsed giving the post man all of the packages to deliver to one household?

Anyone got any first hand experience from this - possibly if you've worked for RM/ the PO before?

When I do receive the packages, if I'm there, and they won't fit through the post box, I'll check the postage date, cross ref the method used, and ask him why, considering an Ebay company can get it right...

Thanks ladies and gents!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Why? Royal Mail - sorry, Fail

I was expecting a parcel from HK it took five days but this gets better.
    I was working on lock behind front door and card came through saying tried too deliver eeeerrrmmmm !!!!
    I opened door to get my parcel off posty but no bell ring lazy bugger

Comment

I`ve had the same, postie putting a card through door when i`ve been in or i`ll order a few thigs on different days in the previous week but all seem to get delivered on a monday, typicaly when i`m out.
      sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

I've had a few things from HK on order, received tracking info, 2 separate packages left HK for the UK on the 21st of November. Received one package on Friday, and nothing on the other. Seems a bit lame, and I can't understand it -.-
        But that's just RM for you I guess.

Comment

bought MW2 a couple of weeks ago off ebay - first class rm. The guy (who lives only 10 miles away from me ) said he had sent the game the day after I bought it. He did, he's even got proof of postage... but guess what? Still no game... seems the RM have lost it. What fails even more is that I have to wait another few days before I can even claim for a refund; and that involves filling out some blooming massive form. blaararhg

Comment

I do belive that alot of it is down to the postie them selves. My postman is great. If im not in he will just leave my stuff in my porch.
            "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
            Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Depending on the bulk of the Boxes for delivery some posties will leave those packages at the depot with every intention of not delivering it but to post the no answer slip through your door forcing you to collect it. I know, I worked for the Royal mail years ago and saw posties doing it all the time. Also at around this time it is their busiest time of the year and their boxes get full and they sometimes have to do 2 deliveries a day. They tend to prioritise their post taking the easy stuff in the morning and the buly stuff later. problem is if they have 2 heavy deliveries it keeps getting left "to do later" smaller packages get stuck in the corner of mailbags and sometimes don't get found for days. TBH honest though anything that won't go through a standard mailbox in the door shouldn't really go to a door to door posty.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Recently, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks turnaround for some headphones to come through, first time I had ordered something by second class but never again.

The package was pretty small, the person posted it at the end of the first week, and it still took over a week to come, god knows why but second class is not supposed to take that long.

In the past I have found my packages, when posted by myself in the early afternoon, they still manage to arrive directly the next day first class, possibly in the morning sometimes too. I do however always take my parcels directly to the post office, and they seem to get things more on track.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I always send stuff via recorded delivery cos it has to be signed for. Its no better speed wise but at least you can track it.
                  "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                  Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Also royal MAIL do not work after 1:00PM. Normally if you buy from oversea,use delivery companythat is able to provide u tracking number. If you buy larger item over £80, I suggest you use express delivery which is safer. Also if you miss your delivery you can always bring the red card to your local delivery office to collect it
                    I will shoot you all.

Comment

Well my post arrives anytime between 1230 and 2.30 every day!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i ordered quite a few bits from HK, i had one package two weeks after it was order, then another part of my order came a week later, im still waiting on the rest now.. its been way over a month! i ordered it all from the same site on the same order ( was all put in one basket and then paid.. )

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

That's down the the company despatching your stuff, not Royal Mail
                          But I agree on the not getting stuff for days. It just seems like the postie doesn't have anything for ages, and then finally we get 4 or more things at once... especially annoying when one thing is important.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoft-warriors88 View Post
                            Also royal MAIL do not work after 1:00PM.
                            What a load of BullS***. Don't make silly posts unless you know the facts

Comment

I find Royal Fail a real pain. I could write a book on the problems that I have had with them and ParcelFarce, but I won't.

OK I find the posties generally OK to deal with, but as far as I am concerned, this company has crap mamagement, poor workers relations and an attitude that hardly considers what customers want.

Royal Fail have had decades to sort themselves out and they haven't, so it would be much better for customers if they were closed down and replaced by private services it might cost more, but I am fed up of being run ragged by this company.
                              Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                              Working...
                              X