Difference in hop rubber degrees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in hop rubber degrees.

This has been asked on here before, but I'm still confused a bit as it wasn't 100% confirmed, but what are the different hop rubber degrees for?
    Im looking into slightly upgrading my M4 (Deans, new motor and hop unit) Needs to be clocking in at 350fps or less.

I want a higher range and more rps. So which 'degree' should i go for?

Thanks in advance.
    -Joe
    sigpic

Re: Difference in hop rubber degrees.

'Higher' is not the right quantity for range, I think you mean further

Hop rubbers don't have much to do with RPS, that's the combination of battery, motor, gears and gearbox setup.

I've only seen the degrees on HK and US websites, most in the UK tell you they are either hard, normal or soft. For a high RPS and FPS setup I'd personally go for a harder rubber due to the extra strain from the amount of BBs going through it at a higher velocity.

Comment

Re: Difference in hop rubber degrees.

Generally 50 deg is soft and 70 deg is hard.

You should be fine with a softer one at 350 if your rof is under 30 a sec. Over 30 I would look at a harder one.

Reasoning behind using harder rubbers is for the rate of fire. Under usual rof the softer rubbers can deform and reform easily, but under high rof they still deform but can not recover to normal before the next bb is forced through. Where as the harder ones can.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Franatix Just your regular student trying to find his way through this mess we call life... Find out more about Franatix
      Working...
      X