TM Pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Pistols

Right, I'm sure we have all heard it before about people being skeptical about TM pistols because they are plastic but, from what I have heard, they are fantastic, but my question is, if you put a metal slid and keep the plastic body, will the kick due to the metal slide damage the plastic body.

Another question is, I am looking to get a P226, but I may get a KJW P226 and then customise it, saves me having to buy a metal kit, but do the TM P226 magazines fit the KJW P226 and if they do which P226 is it, the normal or the E2,

Thanks in advance, Cameron

Re: TM Pistols

As far as I know, KJ and TM mags are interchangeable, as KJ is essentially a metal clone of TM.
    People swap out metal slides all the time, and generally they're okay - but I would say it wouldn't last as long as the original.
    Many metal slides or body kits are designed with TM in mind. My TM PX4 has a metal slide, and it works great.
    It also depends on what gas you use. Green Gas with plastic components can sometimes cause damage.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

And in answer to your question on P226 model number, the KJW is a clone of the TM P226 NOT the TM P226 E2. They have different magazines so the E2 magazines will NOT fit.

Comment

Tm pistols work best if left plastic , especially during the colder weather, you can fit metal kits but these tend to look v nice but do tend to affect the performance and gas consumption on these guns due to the added weight of the metal slide . My attitude is that if you want metal go for a Kwa/ ksc ns2 or system 7 pistol as these metal pistols are designed to work in the cold

Comment

Seeing how that the metal slide runs along metal id say it wont damage the plastic at all. Tms are only plastic bodied, the bits that need to be metal are.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
            And in answer to your question on P226 model number, the KJW is a clone of the TM P226 NOT the TM P226 E2. They have different magazines so the E2 magazines will NOT fit.
            TM P226 and P226 e2 mags are interchangeable, and the older P226 mags fit KJW so why wouldn't the e2 ones fit a KJW?

I was one of the TM sceptics until I decided to give them a chance, and while I still have a dislike for TM plastic (I'm a firm believer in metal where it should be) you can't fault the fact that they work year round in their original state, KJW are not a pistol you really want to be trying to use in the cold weather, I played a pistol only night game in October last year, I had hand warmers on all spare mags but when they had been in the gun for a while and cooled I had trouble getting a full mag off.

The slide rails on the front portion of the TM 226 are plastic, so there's a higher chance of wear on the lower with a metal slide.

Comment

The tm glocks will break the frame at some point with a metal slide.

The threaded part inside that fixes the rails snaps. Guarder frames have a brass insert to strengthen them up Abit.

Generally I have no problems with cold weather and metal. Most people who have problems simply don't know what they are doing. Using the correct parts and maintenance, along with propane and keeping the chill off the mags by sticking them in your pockets works fine.

Comment

Only downside is that the 57 and the xdm don't take very kindly to any thing above 134 gas and break too easily . Maybe it's just these two models that can't cope with anything stronger . Or a crafty jap way of enforcing the 300 limit on us . Just hope it Dosnt set a new president for tm products in the future !!!

Comment

If anything, keep the plastic slide and get a metal frame. Much better set up. As for the P226E2 mags, they are 100% compatible with the old P226 models including KJW.

Comment

Have to say, I've owned many pistols from plastic to metal. Even though metal feels the dogs bollocks, my TM 1911 has a beautifully crisp recoil. In comparison a lot of the metal pistols I've owned felt sluggish when recoiling.

Plastic TM pistol > Metal TM pistol

Comment

I have fitted a full Hurricane metal kit to my TM MEU and I cant say I have noticed a real differnce in perfomance. True, the weather isn't too cold right now but then my meu didnt perform that well in the winter before I upgraded it anyway. I think it looks and feels far better now and when run on propane the performance has no noticable difference. I have 5 mags that hold 25 bb's in each so metal frame or not, if I want to play a full game with just a pistol I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                        If anything, keep the plastic slide and get a metal frame. Much better set up. As for the P226E2 mags, they are 100% compatible with the old P226 models including KJW.
                        Oh really? My bad sorry I didn't think they were the same! Ignore my post then! :D

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                          Only downside is that the 57 and the xdm don't take very kindly to any thing above 134 gas and break too easily . Maybe it's just these two models that can't cope with anything stronger
                          Thats a load of b******s! I have a TM FN 5-7 (my pride and joy) and I run it on Abbey Predator!
                          I attempted to use 134a when I bought it, didn't like it one bit
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Have seen 5 of them now with the lugs sheared of through using powerfull gases . And is basically end of the pistol when it does

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              KJW are not a pistol you really want to be trying to use in the cold weather
                              Unless it's one of the new CO2 capable ones
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cameron364 Find out more about Cameron364
                              Working...
                              X