Tips with lower Face mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips with lower Face mesh?

Basically, My OD Spartan Face mesh is quite uncomfortable, Last skirmish i spent 1 hour or so adjusting My Webbing and Camo stuff to make it nice and comfy but after a short time ( 1-2 hours ) of wearing the mesh, it gets really bad and uncomfortable. What can i do to help as it digs in around my nose area and even when adjusted tightly its slides down every now and again.
    sigpic

Re: Tips with lower Face mesh?

A user on here (Thingy) showed me that you can glue a pair of mesh goggles onto the top of the half mesh face mask so that the weight sits more evenly under your eyes rather than your nose.

I have two sets, one with the same goggles as above and one with mesh on for different situations. They're really comfortable.

Comment

What Gog's Be those then Jay?

Comment

What holds the goggles to the mesh together?
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, ive just used Hot Glue to hold them together - its fairly strong and if it needs replacing only takes 5 mins, im sure theres plenty of other glues you could use.

The goggles are made by a company call Falatt, I picked them up for about £6 off Ebay and since have bought about 10 pairs with shade / yellow lenses and have converted some to mesh

hope that helps

Comment

- Acidentally posted the same thing twice -

Comment

You would think that some bright spark would sit down and make a matching set. They would make a small fortune. I just use a full face one as I wasted god knows how much money trying to comfotably get a nice fit
              MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

I have the same problem with my mesh mask it digs into my nose I've tried reshaping the mesh and using this double sided sticky foam stuff but didn't help much ! Any one know another ideas

Comment

I can bear it, i would just rather it fits nicely. Either way imma try something weather it be a bit of cotton underneath some electrical tape haha.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've made many sets like this with various goggles and lowers, as well as seen many home made sets mainly using sensei lowers. It's a very good set up gets rid of all the tangle of straps . Some lowers need cutting to meet well with the eyepro but its a fairly straight forward mod.

Comment

My only tip would be to make sure your eye pro is fully on your face. I use a cheap HK mesh lower i got off ebay from HK for £10. And an unbranded set of mesh goggles that were £15. The goggles and mesh sit comfortably but there is a small gap between the two but not enough for a BB.
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Just going to throw this in here as I have the photo's handy.

How to make the cheap Chinese mesh mask comfortable using any eyepro without have to glue it to the goggles.

You will need: 1 mesh mask lower with the single strap (don't get the new double strap one they are a pain in the rear) + Some Paracord (the elastic stuff works best, they sell it on spools in Surplus shops everywhere)

It’s Very simple. You tie the Paracord underneath the main strap one each side, below the main strap on the D-ring. Then the main strap goes over the top of your head, and the paracord goes around the back. Make sure the main strap over the top of your head is tight enough to keep the mesh mask at the right height, and the paracord around the back keeps it in place. Simples (joke shop war beard is optional)

If you wear a peak cap facing forward, you can bring the top main strap down and tighten it across the brim. This is even more comfortable. Either way, you won't have the mask pressing horribly against your face.

To trim the nose guard down to fit your eyewear properly, simply cut the fabric liner on top of the Nose Bridge and peel back the liner (it is held on with glue gun and will peal away). Then simple use a file or some metal-snips to removes the top of the no protrusion completely, or take a bit of time and experimenting to reduce it to the perfect shape for your eyewear. When you are done, use any decent glue (hot glue gun, araldite etc) to glue the fabric rim back in place (trim or overlap at the top of the nose bridge).
                        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Again try Hero Shark, he makes makes and goggles that are paired and goggles that attach to face mask.

I have his mesh goggles and mesh face mask - slight gap but on cheek, nowhere near eyes.
                          'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

Between my goggles and Mesh i have about a cm or 2 gap, Not that ive ever been hit in the face touchwood* I may just see how it goes not worrying about the gap haha
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                            Working...
                            X