Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips

Hey dudes i play alot as a medic on game days and i've just got all my weapons to a point where i don't wish to upgrade them anymore so now comes the challenge of how to bring my game to a higher level.

Loadout:
    Overhauled jg G36C
    G&G M4 (GR16-R4)
    WE 1911 MEU

I'm happy with all my weapons and my use of them(although happy doesn't mean anywhere near perfect) but i'm having trouble working out how to improve my play. Any advice would be great thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by Olly Ryan; 20 June, 2012, 00:14.

Re: Tips

You can do lots of different things. Try mid caps if you use high caps, or try low caps if you use mid or high caps.

You could also try sneaky "pistoleering" - all you need is a pistol and a few mags. See if you can last a game without running out of ammo. Alternately you could just wear a rig that has enough mags to last the game with BBs and gas just in case. It all depends on what you want to do.

Comment

Cover up one of your eyes and play half blind. If that gets dull, cover both up. You will become a zen master.

Tie a large log to your belt and drag that around the field with you. Your core fitness will skyrocket.

Ditch your guns and rigs and go for some true historic airsoft. A loin cloth and a BB stuck to a garden cane is a great neanderthal look that's both cheap and practical.

Just ideas...

Alternatively, visit a couple of new sites over summer. It's a massive eye-opener to go to different places.

Comment

Milsim.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

They have just about covered it... i may try the neandethal look myself though.

Switching from hi-caps to mids will make you assess your game more closely... do you need to engage him at this distance, do you need to engage him at all? Your field craft will improve as you can no longer get caught in prolonged firefights so only getting into a quick win situation will require some practice / experience. You will have to manage your ammo and change mags more often - not always at a time of your choosing.

Switching to low caps is as above but even more of a culture shock.

Pistol only - more severe than low caps. Less ammo, closer engagements (there are some uber long range pistols, but that kinda defeats the object of what the OP is trying to do) If using GBB you run the risk of a stoppage (cool down) depending on how many enemy you think you can hit in quick time!

Mil-Sim - a combination of all of the above but with strict ammo limits on your body at any one time

Alternatively, go for the fancy dress option so you cannot hide anywhere - that will sharpen your eye to enemy movement!

Comment

To follow on from Ben, wear a helmet with the blast shield down, sure you won't be able to see anything but by allowing the force to flow through you, it will guide you. and don't use anything as random or as clumsy as a blaster.

As above, try some new sites.
            Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
            Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Join an airsoft team helps you learn to play tactically and in concert with other players
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                Milsim.
                This!

Comment

Buy a we pistol to use in the winter months !!! This will improve your running ability 10 fold when it refuses to fire and make it harder to hide anywhere due to the amount of gas venting out of it .!!! 2 skirmish in a kilt and vest and learn how to judge if the person shooting you has a site legal gun by the depth of the welts you will receive ... 3 try going to a woodland site in an animal costume and see if you can fool your opposing team / and outflank them !!

Comment

All the above but try adding comms to your game!

Get a few of you on your side split into squads so you can all talk amongst yourselves as a unit and you'll wipe butt

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olly Ryan Find out more about Olly Ryan
                    Working...
                    X