Red gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red gas?

One way would be to chrono your gun with different gas's.
    As far as I'm aware, (in order of power level) you can buy 134a.green gas, red gas, then CO2. In beween those you get Abbey, Abbey Ultra etc

I recently received several tins of red gas (from the colour of the tin) which was as previously said, expensive. Also the Brut/sniper gas which is supposed to be for the MP9s, which I have been told work better without lube in the gas, hence 'Brut' or 'dry' but which require the gun to be lightly lubed at regular intervals.

Comment

Gas is gas; airsoft manufacturers cannot reinvent chemistry whatever the bumf on the can says. So-called blended gases do exist (like the original MAPP gas, now largely LPG) but they're not chemically blended, just dumped in the same tin. Airsoft gas blending is largely restricted to the silicone and perfumes added; to my knowledge no airsoft manufacturer operates their own gas bottling plant and I wouldn't be surprised if all of them are OEM'd by just one or two factories.

Here's how it goes; airsoft, like the real gun industry, depends upon selling variations of existing and well-understood technology. To keep consumers buying, exaggeration and outright misinformation are used to promote new products (e.g. REAPS) that already exist under another name or do not give the claimed benefit.

Gas is particularly prone to this because it is so hard for consumers to determine what is in their cans. If it weren't for one mass spectrometer analysis some years back, we would still be guessing what 'green gas' actually was.

tl:dr; gas is gas; there is no magic blend, stick to the guide posted above.

Comment

Surely only pressure really matters?
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

i think some ppl get confused with red gas as abbey ultra comes in a tin with a red label, so gets reffered to as red gas, althou it is basically 'green gas' which is the 'standard' gas for most modern guns, and is roughly the same as asg ultra air, which IS a green label lol. from what ive found they are about the same anyway, along with kickass...

whereas the more powerful gasses like abbey's brut and guarder black are normally reffered to as black gas
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            Surely only pressure really matters?
            It depends on your definition of 'pressure'. What is most important is 'vapour pressure', which determines the pressure of the gas when there is liquid remaining (that is, the operating pressure of the GBB). Other factors like corrosiveness (particularly to seals), flammability and most critically availability are also important.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

baddbaz Find out more about baddbaz
            Working...
            X