Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft guns on internal flights.

Hey.
    I maybe off travelling around the UK for a couple of months for work and would like to go Airsofting at some different sites while I have the chance. I will hire guns if need be but just wondering if anyone knows rules and regs for carrying RIFs (obviously not as hand luggage!!) on internal flights around the UK?

Would I need to contact the airline direct or is it a straight no no do you think?

Cheers

Brian.
    Last edited by Petrol Punk; 25 June, 2012, 19:54.

Re: Airsoft guns on internal flights.

I cant think of a problem with it, just contact the airline to be safe and then check your luggage in through the oversized baggage area. Retailers ship them in and around the country so I see no reason why you can't - unless they have T&Cs against carrying RIFs on a flight.

It would be worth having a viable defense (UKARA being the obvious one) in case they take a dim view of you taking them with you just in case. Whilst they can't stop you if you don't have a defense they can make it difficult.
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Get a lockable flight case. A guitar one will do. So long as you tell the airline what you have in it and it is locked and in the hold there should be no issues. You need an"approved" flight case for International flights. That and a shedload of paperwork if its a real firearm.

Comment

PELI cases aren't too expensive and are second to none for quality
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I think the only rules are that it's in a secured case and that the airline is aware of what's inside so not to scare the behind the scenes guys when a gun shows up on X-ray!

Comment

You need to be careful with the batteries, too. I think there are some special conditions to do with lithium-based batteries in particular.

Comment

Book direct with the airline. Over the phone. And explain from the very start what you'll be carrying.

I work for a tour operator; and i can tell you now, pretty much all airlines have clauses and T's & C's releasing them of any obligation to carry either yourself or your luggage if it takes umbrage with anything youre carrying unless explicitly declared before booking and pre-authorised.

If you book online and just turn up with it, theres a good chance you could be turned away. They just dont want to take any risks. Never underestimate the dogmatic stupidity of check-in staff. If in doubt, theyll turn you away.
              Last edited by Fenriz; 26 June, 2012, 18:58.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

You have to tell the airline about a week b4 u fly and theyll say yay or nay and if yes it has to be very well packafed eg in a hard case with brown paper around it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Petrol Punk Find out more about Petrol Punk
                Working...
                X