Zed Events/Zombie Airsoft Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zed Events/Zombie Airsoft Days

Sorry for promoting my work lol, but has anyone been to one of these at The Mall or The Manor? Would love to hear your stories, zombie-hunting weapons, etc

Re: Zed Events/Zombie Airsoft Days

I haven't been to one yet, but I sure do want to!
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I save lives at the Manor. Though unfortunately I generally die in the process. Long live Grey Squad Bravo Team (or not, as the case may be...).
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I'd love to do one!

Based about 5 miles away from The Mall as well

Comment

Might have been interested but the fact that following a quick google the going rate for a day seems to be between £75-135 i.e. more expensive than most weekenders puts me right off to be honest.
          Originally posted by tackle
          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
            Might have been interested but the fact that following a quick google the going rate for a day seems to be between £75-135 i.e. more expensive than most weekenders puts me right off to be honest.
            The price is understandable, I doubt the actors who play the zombies turn up and get shot for free.

I would go to one if i could persuade the rest of the team to pay it out

Comment

Plenty of other Zombie games run you just have to keep your eyes out for em.

I'm running one 7th and 8th July at the EXsite in wales should be fun.

whilst the price for theirs is steep it depends what you get for it.
              The original post still hasn't been answered though

so who can say
              The Mall is great though
              Cheerho

Comment

I saw a mini article in the news about this with a pic of the zombies - may sound like a daft question - why do they not wear eye protection?? Surely they're not risking their eyes for the fun of others??

Comment

Originally posted by J888 View Post
                  I saw a mini article in the news about this with a pic of the zombies - may sound like a daft question - why do they not wear eye protection?? Surely they're not risking their eyes for the fun of others??
                  It was probably just a promotional picture to get people interested, they would wear protection in a game

As for weapons check out some of the LARP stuff, you can get a fire axe,baseball bat,crow bar and a lead pipe lol, all designed for beating each other with.Great for some realistic zombie survival sim situations

Comment

the problem with the ZED events is that they are not aimed at airsofters. You have to rent their weapons, you can't take your own. The price is £139 for 4 hours. So ok for stag dos (if you are all rolling in cash) or corporate events.

Sadly these seem to have taken over now for F&O at the mall, with them not running a Zombie skirmish (normally around £50 walkon for the day) which was aimed at airsofters as you could use all your own kit. Shame as I really wanted to do one of them, but definetly not paying £139 for 4 hours and have to use guns that are worse then mine.

Requiem airsoft run some zombie nights (normally all night around 12 hours) for airsofters at much better prices (around £50-60), ok the zombies might look quite as good but I think I can forgive that for savings me £357 compared to playing that many hours at a ZED event.

Comment

I understand Deacon's position, but I think that people have to see the difference between a 'zombie themed airsoft event' and the experience that Zed offers.

The former (in most cases) is a bunch of airsofters using full auto weapons and lighting up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes with the main objective being: light up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes/piss self laughing.

The latter is a planned 'experience' that involves professional zombies with movie quality makeup. A storyline driven experience with objectives and planned events that you have to reach using team tactics due to the simple weapons and lack of ammunition available. And most of all, a bloody good time.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

it does sound really good, its just the price that puts people off, my friend who likes airsoft guns,but has never been to a skirmish called me a month ago to tell me about this zombie game in reading (the mall)that he wants to go to with some of his mates,and would i be interested, i said thanks but no thanks when i saw how much it would cost me, he was saying "but its killing zombies in a shopping centre,how cool is that"? well as ive been to the Mall enough times the excitement wasnt as high as his
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post

The former (in most cases) is a bunch of airsofters using full auto weapons and lighting up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes with the main objective being: light up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes/piss self laughing.

The latter is a planned 'experience' that involves professional zombies with movie quality makeup. A storyline driven experience with objectives and planned events that you have to reach using team tactics due to the simple weapons and lack of ammunition available. And most of all, a bloody good time.
                          And that is the good thing about Requiem Airsoft as it is done as an experience, they have a number of teams for each event and they have to work for objectives, they can work together, or against each other (so not just an everyone lighting up the zombies) they just lacking the movie quaility makeup......and I for one am not sure the movie style makeup justifies the massive price difference.

Comment

Out of interest, how many people take part in a game at Requiem?

Comment

I think it depends on the location they use, as they don't have their own site. The last one was planned to be at Xsite The outpost and there was going to be 55 players split into 3 teams (15,15,25)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

holyfonz Find out more about holyfonz
                              Working...
                              X