Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

This seems impractical. Useless. Without point or purpose. I want one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems impractical. Useless. Without point or purpose. I want one.

http://gizmodo.com/5922032/hide-an-e...terproof-stock

An airsoft one of these?
    Seems like a clever way of having a portable sniper, but on the other hand...

Why?

Also, Want.

Re: This seems impractical. Useless. Without point or purpose. I want one.

I like the way the article begins in hick speak:

"We've already showed you how to properly clean a rifle..."
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

My Dad's mate used to have something similar, before all the gun laws in the UK changed.

It was a .22 rim fire survival rifle. The sort of thing you might take hiking or white water rafting..... Bear Grylls should consider investing in one, tht bloke always seems to end up in the shit every time i see him on TV.

It now probably part of the structure of a building somewhere in China.

I think the closet in airsoft terms would be a KJW M700 takedown... Obviously it doesn't all fit in it's own stock and is still a hefty bit of kit to lug about, but if that is your poison, worth a consideration.

Comment

western arms made one years ago
        Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
          I like the way the article begins in hick speak:

"We've already showed you how to properly clean a rifle..."
          I thought exactly the same!

Comment

It's far from useless; in a survival situation in most climates .22 is a perfectly acceptable hunting cartridge for rabbits and birds, which are easily prepared and cooked. That's what the AR-7 was originally designed for; addition to emergency survival packs for pilots flying over remote areas (e.g. Alaska) where rescue might take some time. As to airsoft, I don't see why it couldn't be done, but you're right - there's not much point, because this gun's advantages are all in its packed configuration, whereas airsoft is 100% combat and the gun will spend all its time unpacked.

I'd be interested to see the WA one. I wonder if I could persuade HRA to sell me just the stock...

Comment

The owner of my local gun shop has one, great little rifle and just oozes 60's espionage.
              "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
              Life in the fast lane........
              sigpic

Comment

You can see why...

Comment

Thats what my ex wife said
                  - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                  - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

It's a survival item. The whole design is for a hunting/small game package that is compact and water proof so it can live stowed in an emergency kit.

I can see its value in the real world. For airsoft? Waste of time.

Comment

Want one to go with my PPK

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                        My Dad's mate used to have something similar, before all the gun laws in the UK changed.

It was a .22 rim fire survival rifle. The sort of thing you might take hiking or white water rafting..... Bear Grylls should consider investing in one, tht bloke always seems to end up in the shit every time i see him on TV.

It now probably part of the structure of a building somewhere in China.
                        it was prob exactly one of them

nothing illegal about them either.... http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/li.../prod_179.html

dont let the url fool you, its sold live if u read the fine print... might get one for a mess about
                        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

This guy just got rid of everything.

He loved guns (and why wouldn't he?) so started to amass a pretty decent collection. It got to the point where they said tongue in cheek he could only have more if he were a gun club.

He was an adult instructor in the Army Cadets, so he started a club and charged the cadets 1p membership fee. He got more guns, bars on the windows, new safes etc etc. After the laws changed he just give it all up in one go. Keep in mind i was about 14, from memory he had:

.44 Magnum (it was a copy made under licence - Carrry Comp?)
                          .357 Magnum (it was a copy made under licence - Carrry Comp?)
                          9mm S&W of some description
                          .22 Walther PPK
                          CZ 75
                          .22 survival rifle
                          A multitude of shot guns (he was quite the toff, so the shotties ranged from sporting clay guns to very expensive collectables)

I am sure there was more, but these are the ones i remember as we had a day on a 10 meter range with them all (less the collectable shotguns).

14 years old firing a .357 in one hand and a .44 in the other... Wow - 10 meters from the target and i missed. I couldn't have hit the floor if i dropped the damn things! The .22 PPK was my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post
                            http://gizmodo.com/5922032/hide-an-e...terproof-stock

An airsoft one of these?
                            Seems like a clever way of having a portable sniper, but on the other hand...

Why?

Also, Want.
                            why because they can make it.

also want, I saw chines .22 lr rifle years back which you split in two parts, forgot the name.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
                            Working...
                            X