Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best/Worst charging/cocking sound you've heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Worst charging/cocking sound you've heard?

What's the best charging handle sound you've heard on any AEG? And also the worst?
    I only started thinking about this in my head since my recent CYMA M14 purchase. The sound that charging handle makes is so intimidating!! A JG Steyr AUG would be second on the list, and as for worst - probably my TM P90. Sounds like I'm sharpening a knife when I cock back lol

Please share your cocking experiences!!

Re: Best/Worst charging/cocking sound you've heard?

The worst is on the AGM mp40.

scrape of the paint coming off when you pull it back

then the same when you have to push it back forward as it isn't sprung

least satisfying thing in the world

Comment

Best? Well:

G&G M14, RS SVD, King Arms M4 LaRue (Especially with the bolt release, tasty).

Worst?

Not really any particularly bad ones, but the A&K Masada sounds like a flimsy piece of crap.

Comment

Cyma, TM and KART M14's (especially the EBR's) have a meaty sounding charging mechanism. CA, AGM and Dboys Scars have a similar sounding charging handle..

Basically anything that has a sprung metal on metal system will sound great.. even if it's likely to break if over-used (non-CA MP5 and "HK Slaps", I'm looking at you).
        AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

The cocking action of the AGM Sten sounds absolutely dire. The closest thing I can liken it to is somebody dragging their nails along a blackboard; it's that bad.

Comment

Any and all G&P Armalites sound awful.

Comment

ICS M16 is the worst I have come across, after you do it all you can hear is the humming sound from the spring. My G&P M4's is pretty disappointing for noise, but not as bad as the M16.

My L85 didn't sound too bad when I had it, but my WE SCAR has the nicest cocking sound by far, or are GBBs not counted?
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
                Any and all G&P Armalites sound awful.
                Yea im not sure what it is with G&P's all of there M4 variant charging handles sound and feel horrible to pull back
                sigpic

Comment

WE Scar is nice and chunky

Comment

Why would it matter what it sounds like if the cocking handle isn't used to operate the gun? (not including gbbr's of course)

What makes me sad and angry (sangry?) is when people go into the field and pretend to cock their AEG, anyone else seen this?
                    Maybe im just becoming a miserable old sod, and keep off my f*cking lawn too you damn kids.
                    Roses are red,
                    Violets are blue,
                    In soviet russia,
                    Poem reads you!

Comment

only time i touch a cocking handle is if i need to fiddle with the hop
                      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                        only time i touch a cocking handle is if i need to fiddle with the hop
                        really? i thought airsofters cocked their guns every chance they get.

Best for me got to be Tanaka m870 closely followed by an m14
                        Reformed Pacifist

Comment

the 870 isnt an aeg, but i admit, the sound off them is sweet! love mine...

my m14 sounds really nice, but nothing like a real rifle
                          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

All M14's sound great

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wølf View Post
                              Why would it matter what it sounds like if the cocking handle isn't used to operate the gun? (not including gbbr's of course)

What makes me sad and angry (sangry?) is when people go into the field and pretend to cock their AEG, anyone else seen this?
                              Maybe im just becoming a miserable old sod, and keep off my f*cking lawn too you damn kids.
                              KhanSeb's videos on Youtube must boil your piss then.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

J888 Find out more about J888
                              Working...
                              X