Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting

Hi Guys,

It looks like I'm not going to be able to get a gold 1911 or vreaker, yes I know it's a bit bling but hey, looking to make a clone of troy's from face off.

So, with this in mind, what would be the best base model to spray? Metal or plastic?

I've done a lot of spraying in the past with cars, so I'm used to spraying metal so I was tempted to go with a full metal tbh take it apart, rub it down, prime, and use 2pk car paint (can get mixed at local garage with the tones etc, metal flakes and all that, will probably look at a plain gold), then laquer the parts to protect and finish. But I've heard of a lot of people using plasticote and the like on plastic finished guns.

I want to know if anyone has had much success with painting their weapons in the past?

The scheme I would be doing is black and gold, so I'd get a base black 1911 I think.

Also any ideas on how to make custom grips? The only idea I came out with was to get a material (a flexible rubber or plastic perhaps), cut a stencil, cut the shape and emblem then bond to the grip with epoxy?

Cheers,
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: Painting

Pm'd regarding one of these just seen

Comment

If you want a gold 1911 don't spray paint it as you'll be very disappointed with the results coz no one does good gold paint. PM sent regarding gold 1911
      There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

Making those grips would be tricky, but not impossible...

Off the shelf, you can find these, but they arent perfect, and arent cheap either!

You could try electro plating, that would be a much harder wearing, I have friends that have sucessfully chromed and "gold plated" Cylon and C3PO costumes with this technique, again, its not cheap though, if gold guns are avalible, it would be much cheaper to buy them and invest in the grips.

Comment

Cheers guys, contacted people in question none available atm

Those grips are awesome! I wonder where you can get them

I'm going to see a brand new WE 1911 tomorrow (hi-cappa 5.1 variant). Its £90 brand new with free green gas. Sounds ok. It's full metal and a black base, so that saves spraying certain bits black, will have to take care of the gold. Once that's done it's the job of finding / fabricating the grips.
          Weapons of Choice:
          G&G SOC-16
          Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
          JG - AK47 tactical
          VFC Scar - L
          Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
          Working...
          X