Cleared customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cleared customs?

Does anybody have the number for FedEx so I can stop them sending my parcel back? It came 3 days earlier than expected and I got one of them "sorry we missed you" cards with a sticker on at the bottom saying it was the final attempt to deliver(it was also the first) and I need to call 08456070809 or it will be returned to sender. I've rang all yesterday and today and they arnt open. Surely FedEx would be open at least on a saterday.

Comment

Re: Cleared customs?

Sorry to hi-jack, but kind of relevant.

Has anybody recently ordered an AEG, say a 400FPS CYMA, or similar, from a European retailer? I'm concerned that although UK Customs won't be charging import taxes on items bought within the EU, they may still seize the AEG, seeng as it's gun-shaped and send it for FPS testing, likely resulting in me losing my new toy.

I'd rather fit a lesser powered spring myself at home than pay for a Euorpean retailer who I have no knowledge of to do it for me, but I just thought I'd ask what folks thought were on this scenario?

I had thought of contacting the retailer and getting them to emblazen 350FPS and my UKARA details on the box, so customs don't look too closely.

Comment

Theres no need to get the fps put on the box but would defo recommend getting your ukara in big bold marker on it

Comment

Originally posted by Ryaw View Post
          Sorry to hi-jack, but kind of relevant.

Has anybody recently ordered an AEG, say a 400FPS CYMA, or similar, from a European retailer? I'm concerned that although UK Customs won't be charging import taxes on items bought within the EU, they may still seize the AEG, seeng as it's gun-shaped and send it for FPS testing, likely resulting in me losing my new toy.

I'd rather fit a lesser powered spring myself at home than pay for a Euorpean retailer who I have no knowledge of to do it for me, but I just thought I'd ask what folks thought were on this scenario?

I had thought of contacting the retailer and getting them to emblazen 350FPS and my UKARA details on the box, so customs don't look too closely.

Ive ordered a couple of cymas from poland in the last few weeks and customs never touched either of them. Had the spring changed first though. I never gave my ukara number as they didnt ask. UPS was the courier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasty View Post
            Theres no need to get the fps put on the box but would defo recommend getting your ukara in big bold marker on it
            This.

As well as your contact number as they will no doubt ring you.

Comment

Sorry to bring my post up from the dead but I phone up last week to get my stuff re-delivered and while I was on the phone asked if there was any charges. The woman who sounded quite surprised said "no.. Why would there be any charges?" so it gets delivered and I sign for it and off the fella goes. Now today (1 week later) I get a letter from FedEx saying they want £18 for the customs (7.62 for customs £10 for them). I never asked them to pay anything and I asked if there was anything to pay over the phone to FedEx. My question is should I pay them and what would happen if I don't? I can't see them taking me to court over £18 quid

Comment

Legally....... I'm sure you have to pay their fees now, don't forget some of it is tax.

But my opinion.....tell them to stick the entire amount where the sun don't shine!!

I did with one of the main courier companies used by HK retailers (sure it was DHL) after paying a premium to have a part at my door inside a week, and not getting it for nearly 3, I know a lot of it is customs (lazy fu**ers) but its not on all the same, priority shipping should have priority when it comes to customs clearance.

Having a good old parcel race at the moment, 3 items ordered on the same day using HK post but all ordered from different retailers, let's see what gets here first, if at all!!!

Comment

I point blank refused to pay fedex after they held onto a package for a week (in the local depot) kept telling me id picked it up when I rang and also opened it before I'd seen it.

In all fairness it being opened looked like an accident the taping on it was a token effort at best. have still not paid 6 months later not had one letter asking for it and i've had parcels come from over seas through fedex with no hassles about that payment.
                  Originally posted by B.E.N.
                  Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Tisane i had one of those and tnt came last 2 from normal post came at same time even tho 1 was ordered a day later still only 7 working days tnt took 21 day dispite paying for express 3/5 day they still waiting for their fees
                    I haven't ever paid fees on normal hkmail and never had to wait more than 18 days even tho they say upto 24 working days

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W0lf Find out more about W0lf
                    Working...
                    X