Collapse

Affordable snipers.....whats out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable snipers.....whats out there?

So lately i've been trolling the web for an afordable sniper.

Ive never skirmished a sniper before and have no experience of them so im unsure as to whats on offer.

We all know that the likes of CYMA, Classic army sportline, JG etc are cheap and cheerful and cracking rifles for your quids, but what about snipers?

Come on then show us what youve got?

How much did it cost?
    how (if any) is it upgraded?
    how does it perform?

Value for money?

taa
    sigpic
    BlackWing Mercenaries
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Re: Affordable snipers.....whats out there?

If you want an affordable sniper RIFLE, buy a TM VSR or a JG BAR.

Comment

Your base will come from one of three rifles:

JG Bar-10 (Clone of the TM-VSR 10, unsure if there still being stocked as i know i haven't seen them around on the web for a while)
      TM VSR-10 (The higher end of the "budget" market, good base for upgrades with a lot of after market parts. Most upgraded rifles tend to use this as a base)
      Well/Warrior L96 (MB-01 or MB-08) (Comes inbetween the two, good usability out the box with decent array of after market parts however quality control differs a lot (or atleast used too))

Outside this you have the A&K SVD/Dragunov, this can all so be a good base rifle and it looks the best of the 4 imo however expect to pay a lot if you want a scope to match

After this you have things such as upgrades and play styles to consider, do your local site offer the ability to hire a Sniper Rifle for the day or know a friend with one as its not for everyone. I've seen a lot of airsoft snipers who turn up one week with a rifle and the week after have sold it on for an AEG.

Comment

Youve all forgotten the WELL Warrior MB01 (l96), an affordable snipe that performs well!

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Some good points there!

There are a few local sites that do offer them up for hire.

I will still be keeping my AEGs and just adding a sniper to my kit. Been thinking about it for ages. I dont want to spend the earth as it won't be my primary weapon. Reason being allot of my local sites are CQB.

I think the VSR or the well L96 may be the way forward
          sigpic
          BlackWing Mercenaries

Comment

KJW KC-02. Can pick them up second hand for about £130 - £150, fitting an RA-Tech hop rubber will boost your range to about 150ft or so adding an RA-Tech TB inner barrel should push it to about 170 - 180ft if you tune it correctly.

None the less its a fantastic rifle from stock.

Also short enough to use in CQB!

However the Tokyo Marui VSR you really cannot go wrong at all. A friend of mine has had is for some time and put a little money into it and it now has an 80 meter accurate range.

Comment

I'd get a TM VSR. Only £175 so hardly expensive in sniping weapon terms, but the best base for upgrades possible really.

Comment

150ft aint all that amazing Tbh. If i can hit that with my pistol i wouldnt call it sniping. My target is 1/2m x 1/2m at 51m away. All my weapons can put every shot on that target. My warrior is stock (at the mo )

Comment

Remember it's more about the sniper's tactics and gameplay than his rifle.
                  Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Very much so. Staying hidden and generally being a sneaky b*stard are key!

Comment

Aye agreed, a great sniper will be able to hide, get that perfect one shot kill and not be killed themselves.

I enjoy being sneaky sneaky even when Im running around with my AEG and especially my glock
                      sigpic
                      BlackWing Mercenaries

Comment

I recently bought a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 for under £200 from Ground Zero Airsoft and have done countless mods to it. I can easily lift .30s accurately to 200ft. I have yet to do the TDC mod and try to lift .40s though, because I am still waiting for my new PDI outer barrel to arrive.
                        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Second hand. Whatever you buy, it will need work. Buy second hand, get a cheaper gun and some parts already done up in it.
                          Try before you buy. Sniping is not for everybody.

Comment

i have had some good experiances with the A&K SVD, i got mine 2nd hand and it worked very well apart from the hop which i replaced.
                            nice and accurate with .36s, too bad i dont use it much now i have my AK DMR

Comment

Everyone swears by the A&K SVD, it's a great choice if you like the looks of Russian weaponry.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam190jwigley Woo. ^^ Find out more about sam190jwigley
                              Working...
                              X