Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'Pro AEG' movement

Don't forget the Cyma GBBR AKs Boris.

Buy one, then you can swap the internals around between any of their AEGs.
    sigpic

Comment

as i say, i'm not into GBB rifles, i thought you could only get the GHK versions.

seriously, the EBB AIM's i have is realistic enough for me.

Boris
      K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I ran a WE SCAR and have been since there release earlier this year. It was 2 degree's last time I played. I Still havent had any issues what so ever. Cool down isnt a problem and its as consistant as any AEG. Some will say there a gimik but I dont think they are. They are the next step towards mil-sim. 30rd mags, a alot of kick (Alot more than the WE or WA M4's) and some awesome audio. I my self don't run any AEG's anymore. My primary is the SCAR, my second is my KSC MP7 and my side arm is a TM P226, soon to be desert warrior. The only AEG I will be buying is an MC-51 with full systema internal, as in my eyes that makes it the most awesome AEG on the market.
        TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL
        KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

i will and always have used aeg's but i will more than likely purchace a ggbr just for the sake of owning and using one but would i ever take it to a skirmish only time will tell.....
          CA M15A4 RIFLE, M4A1 SF, TM MP5 PDW, MAURZEN SHOTTY, TM DESERT EAGLE, KSC USPc, M1911 M.E.U

WANTED SA80 Not Anymore :D

Trader Rating: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32627

Comment

GBBR don't really interest me. if it's kick you want then thoae who have tryed a KSC glock 18C on full with a plastic slide know what that kick feels like.

Comment

Couple of posts on here trying to compare GBBr's to real steel. Well don't! For one the amount of force generated by a real steel round to a puff of propane make the comparison ludicrous.

Having served In Her Majestys finest and using a SLR, I can tell you that firing one of those brutes is awesome. Massive bruising to the shoulder the first couple of weeks because you dont hold it right. And then you learn to respect it.

Another is, it is the mechanism that is trying to generate the blowback. The components arent strong enough to take the punishment. You need stronger metal from the start but this would make the guns prohibitively expensive IMO. I nearly bought one a couple of months back but after further investigation into them decided against it for the time being, also a CA 249 came up for sale on here roundabout the same time so that took precedence.

I shall get one in spring and use it to destruction then purchase the necessary upgrades, but I think it will be a seasonal weapon for me, and I will only buy the SCAR or possibly anything other than M4 M16's as I hate them.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Want one! oh yes indeed.

When the model I want comes out I will be a very happy bunny.:D

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                  Want one! oh yes indeed.

When the model I want comes out I will be a very happy bunny.:D
                  Judging by your name it already is :P

I deffinatley would own one of these at some point, but at the moment there are still a fair few bugs out there but with the amount of money being chucked at these they can only get better as time goes on.

So for now im waiting and watching as they improve
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 December, 2009, 08:23.

My feed back
                  http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
                    Judging by your name it already is :P
                    Nope I want an M14...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                      Nope I want an M14...
                      Aww ok, fair enough. I've seen a few converted ones on youtube. I think there all custom jobs though.

My feed back
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

I would be intrested in GBBRs when:
                        they realease other guns than the AKs and M4s
                        Priced for a "clone" one is same price as a "clone" AEG
                        They are relieable in the cold
                        Gas is dirt cheap

Comment

I as an engineer/tech, with first hand experience with these GBB M4s (i own a rather temperamental agm) think that there are two major issues with them, and these are my opinions only.
                          1-the gas in the mag idea brought over from the pistol design is flawed for larger gas volume.
                          2-intern makes the mags certainly fragile-ish if you drop those soft aluminium kilo blocks on concrete (trust me my mag catch failed and i ended up beating the mag back into shape!!)

I think its certainly better for airsofters if the system was taken from the paintball marker side of things with expansion chamber for consistent shots and to allow the gas to pre expand without freezing the orings off, bad! we all know why the discovery exploded!!
                          This i think would make the weapons more reliable simpler fo maintain and it immediately gives the option of co2/air/propane as standard, i think if gas is gonna take off there has to be a rethink, i hope.

I have a very cool Milsig paintball marker and its shots are amazingly consistant and i get inch groupings at 30 yards! and thats without the 14inch barrel.

What im saying is it would be great if there was a redesign on the gbb, this will eliminate the need for replacing plastic parts and upgrade issues.
                          Also the gas flow will be more efficient, with most if not all the gas propelling the bb instead of seal leaks!
                          Problem though is where to put the gas!!! (i have a design hehehe maybe someday ill be posting a picture of a finished gun)
                          sigpic
                          www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
                          www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Ive softed for nearly 3 years now. I bought my first GBB rifle a couple of months ago. I love it. AEG's will still always have a place with me, and i am still going to use them. But during the summer months, i find nothing more satifying that hearing that loud thud of cocking handle pushed fully to the rear under the immense power of green gas.

Its not a gimmick, its been around for years. But people are wanting realism. Hence TM M4 SOPMOD with blowback. Hence a lot of AEG with blowback action. Now its just gas has replaced batterys for the realism factor of more kick.

I will continue to use my GBB, when the weather allows. But it doesnt mean that now im 'converted' ill never use an AEG again. Far from it.

Comment

Also:

Gas is cheap. GBB can be cheap. But if you use it like an AEG, then it becomes expensive. A bag of 2500 .25 can last me about 5-6 games now, easily. Possibly even 10 games.
                              Ive got the WE SCAR. Lots of metal parts in it, and the bits that arent are pretty solid.
                              Yes, winter is a bit pants for GBB. So get the converter, and go for CO2. Or buy the SCAR which has it fitted as standard. Or use an AEG.
                              I prefer the more tactical gmeplay of GBB. No 500 round mags, just 30 round, with occasional 50 rnd mags. Makes for better gameplay.
                              Ive seen far more expensive AEG's and AEP's than GBB rifles.
                              Next year, ive HEARD, theres an M14, a WE2000 (i think thats what it is?) and a few other types of gun coming out. PLenty of choice.

Comment

Is lets say the AGM m4, Worth buying and slowly upgrading bit by bit? Which it shall be used as a Primary? I have a massive box of hand warmers ( reusable aswell) Which we got cheap when a local store shutdown. ( think in thousands of handwarmers and in pennies of dosh ) I was thinking maybe using them to keep the mags warm while in my vest?
                                Originally posted by bravotwozero
                                And no, owning a System doesn't increase the size of your manhood

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ejtrent Find out more about ejtrent
                                Working...
                                X