Airsoft systems M4 release ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft systems M4 release ?

Anyone have any idea when this will be in the shops chaps? the video ad' looks great.( but then I suppose it would) it looks very ineresting.
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Re: Airsoft systems M4 release ?

Yeah, it certainly does. Next year sometime / possibly. If it does as described, what a fine piece of kit.
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Yes, a new innovative M4 is great news. I'm really pumped for this gun and will look to sell some of my stuff so I can be the first one to have one. I really do think it's going to change airsoft, but I hope that they aren't going to cost too much

LOL, I see Fireknife got all the rest of the topic binned.

Comment

I can't wait for these. I imagine the price tag is still going to be $300 - $500 mark.

Originally posted by amorris View Post
        No it was yourself as well. Stay on topic.

Comment

Still wish it would not always come in M4 form, why can't we have all the new innovations in an AK or a MP5 for once?

'FireKnife'
          Last edited by blytm; 17 July, 2012, 16:52. Reason: Thanks :)
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Aren't Systema putting their heads in to an AK now? Besides M4's make the most money and by far you can do more with them than anything else.

Comment

Celcius are currently considering other options for their range of CTW's. But they (and systema and everyone else) are in this for the money, the M4 platform sells the most.

When you are selling something with such a high price tag to make, you want to sell lots of it. Makes sense really.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by amorris View Post
                Yes, a new innovative M4 is great news. I'm really pumped for this gun and will look to sell some of my stuff so I can be the first one to have one. I really do think it's going to change airsoft, but I hope that they aren't going to cost too much

They are supposed to be around the £400 mark apparently, which isn't too bad, in what way do you think it'll change airsoft?
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                  They are supposed to be around the £400 mark apparently, which isn't too bad, in what way do you think it'll change airsoft?
                  Because if it meets the goals set by the creator and does so at the price indicated it will basically exceed Systema PTW performance and reliability at a fraction of the cost.

Having seen the video some months ago I saw the potential for this making all other M4 platform based guns seem seriously out dated on a technical level. Now for the average user this is not a big deal because you pull the trigger and a bb comes out. That is good enough for most. Considering it has a version of the ASCU in the gun pre fitted (a £80 item right there) and all the other features for around £400 with a quality metal body. It is in fact fantastic value.

The proof will be in the pudding but if the tests pan out and it does everything claimed, I expect towards the end of this year many people will start dumping Systema PTW's to buy one and the high second hand price value will plummet. It will also make M4 guns around £300 seem a bad deal. This really could be the biggest game changer since TM created the V2 mechbox. The Systema never was thanks to the prohibitive price and numerous problems the series has had over the years.

Comment

Not thought of it like that. Although reading how some will always live in eternal denial / support their cause to the end - time will tell. It looks a very interesting new toy indeed.
                    Any further up dates as to how the tests are going?
                    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Well i've just bought a systema.........and i may well have to sell the bugger haha

This truely looks the dogs danglies and the fact you can change the spring that easy looks bliss.

If it performs as good as systema then they will have to rethink there involvement on the airsoft market.

I hope it is better than a systema as i hate paying through the teeth for really good stuff and it would be nice to have a gun affordable for everyone.

Does anyone know anything about the hop unit it will use though as it only mention the sensor in the unit that activates the bolt stop, so it will be a custom unit but will he be using marui internals like he did for the spring, mag etc or will he make his own.

Most interested in this and i anticipate its arrival.

Spike

Comment

I doubt it will be using standard Marui parts.

Comment

I've seen a 3D print of the hop unit and it's an entirely new design, but it should be compatible with whatever rubbers/buckings you want to use.

Vladimir from Airsoft Systems likes to use SHS parts, or so he said, and that's what the prototype ASAR-4 was built up with...

I'm a HUGE fan of the ASCU v2, I honestly think it's worth its weight in gold, so if the hop unit sensor works as well as expected, I can see the ASAR being a very good gun.

Vladimir also hinted that his next project would be something other than an M4 too...

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            Because if it meets the goals set by the creator and does so at the price indicated it will basically exceed Systema PTW performance and reliability at a fraction of the cost.
                            Great answer, and my thoughts also.

I too liked the ASCU v2, and thought it brought airsoft mosfets forward, lets hope that this new whole M4 is another step forward and he can deliver what he promises.

Comment

I've actually fired the ASAR-4, well, the prototype, and it works... The only question is whether it goes into production in the required scale and actually does come in at the price-point expected.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                              Working...
                              X