9mm blanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm blanks

heard a rumour friday night that 9mm blanks where going to be only available with a gun lience can anyone inlighten me if this is true or not

Re: 9mm blanks

havent heard this one mate, i hope not as my bfg will be unusable till i get a licence.
    personaly i doubt it as they arent weapons but this government never ceases to amaze me.
    Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

thats what i thought but thought i would check as someone on here would know

Comment

i bloody hope not ive got a bfg coming on christmas!

Comment

Hey people I wonder do I need a licence to buy blank firing gun?Also I have seen some shop need face to face sale and they do not ship order via internet?is this right?
          I will shoot you all.

Comment

Arn't blanks still lethal up to 50m. Thats what I was told about 5.56 blanks at least.

Comment

I think they can be lethal if you put one right against someones head because of gases.
              Could be wrong, I don't even have a bfg

Comment

i suppose in theory blanks could be lethal as they still exert force.
                but i cant see any real life things happening unless someone decides to use them in the wrong way.
                i mean look at a blank firing gun theres no way any debre could be fired as the barrels are filled and look at a bfg unless you are realy unlucky all they do is go bang.

Comment

I've seen a 5.56 blank shred a coke can from 10m. Just seems odd with how anti-gun the country is, that blanks can still be brought.

Comment

One Day you will need a licence for a spud gun.

Comment

I heard this a while back, so it may be true. The problem is that it is possible to make a blank firer into a very effective live weapon, still just using blanks. And no, I won't explain how!

The very first thing we were shown on the range with the L1A1 was how dangerous even blanks could be. One of the DS fired a single round at a ply target from about 5m and it blew a hole though the ply and shredded a blood plasma bag that they had fixed onto the back. Put things into perspective VERY quickly!
                      sigpic

Comment

was that fired from a vice ? sounds mad, the theory says the sound wave will do the damage, but its one of those i havnt seen it so i dont know kind of things isnt it.
                        thing is i have heard stories about people sharpening toothbrushes into a point and using them as weapons in prisons but they arent going to ban those are they !!!
                        l1a1s are 7.62 though arent they ?
                        and wasnt it the air movement that was the killer with 7.62 as they could pass straight though a body quite cleanly but the wave ripped them apart

Comment

a blank is a round stuffed with paper/ random debris and then crimped closed. Again, this was what i was taught at least.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pasty Find out more about Pasty
                          Working...
                          X