Re: Supressors on LMGs?

Originally posted by eyley View Post
    Think i just fell in love.
    cheers mate

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-jQP...eature=related

Comment

yep, but go that step further and stick on a tracer unit and a mixed bag of tracer and normal rounds. For extra fun shove in a load of .12 multi coloured tracers in the mix. Creates a beaten zone looking like a lego starwars movie.

Comment

Mixed and normal? Pfft, all tracer for the true Starwars effect please

Comment

If you go on the gemtec website, it actually recommends the halo for use on an M249 SAW. Suppressors are rated for thousands of rounds, which would probably see your average gunner through several tours. A mag on a real support gun generally only up to 200 rounds so you still can't get too trigger happy... I'd imagine a suppressed MK43 would be a great weapon for use with NVG...

Comment

There are a few units that have been putting suppressors on gpmg's/m240b. If you do a google image search for us army ranger m240b (or something like that) you will see that a unit of rangers are actually been deployed with suppressed m240's. Plus also on YouTube look up suppressed gpmg and it will show you the Canadians gpmg the c8 been tested with 1 too. But won't be putting 1 on my gpmg, the dam things long enough

Comment

A flash suppressor, well yes that would make sense.

A sound suppressor, well in the real world many of them would not work, seeing as the common support weapon round is a 5.56mm or a 7.62mm they would both create a short sonic crack as they break the sound barrier, plus the sound of the action wouldn't help. While it could be done, most suppressors also don't like full auto depending on the time, some won't even last a short burst.

However in airsoft you can put anything from a sound suppressor to a RIS microwave on your gun so why not, it will just make a cooler sound at the end of the day.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
              Working...
              X