Laser product explaination needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laser product explaination needed!

Nothing, they blind the pilots though. You should watch the article on BBC gives you a video of in cockpit view of when a pilot gets a green laser shone in his direction, it literally is blinding especially at night.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by THE-ROGER View Post
      wat do green lazers do to planes?
      I believe that earlyer this year some Chav Twat decided it would be fun to shine a green laser at the pilot's of planes coming into land at a major UK airport, Not clever...

Comment

It's also highly illegal

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7475530.stm
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

After researching the safety of my Crimson trace laser grips (WIN :D), I have found that apparently you don't want to be going anymore than Class IIIa if you're shining at people.
            My ones are 5mW and red with a wavelength of roughly 650nm I believe.

I also have a standard rifle type class IIIa laser which has similar figures, (<5mW output, I think 600nm wavelength) so i guess those specs are kinda the norm.. for red lasers that can be (sort of) safely used against human targets.
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

As I said earlier, there are 2 most commonly used wavelength lasers, and the length defines the colour

532nm being green, 650 being red.

If you had 600 nm laser, it would be yellow, or yellowy orange as 590-594nm lasers are all very yellow. The lowest end of red orange lasers you see are 635nm lasers so if it looks a bit more orangy, it's probably 635nm waltz .

You will also find that most people use anything from 10-30mW for airsoft lasers (g&p being one of the best but using 10mW for both their green and red ones)

As I said, for viewing purposes, don't go by power rating alone, you will find that not all the power in most laser is in the visible spectrum, the higher quality in a laser will mean more of the light is the right wavelength, and is less likely to be harmful.

You have to remember that the class system doesn't do justice to the safety of lasers

Lasers aren't designed to be pointed at someone's eyes anyway, and even by the old system rating class IIIa lasers can do damage to the eye but not to a great extent.

As long as you are careful you don't shine it in someone's face unless it's a very brief time, there's no worry about using a class IIIb laser as only the higher range (we're talking >100Mw) can start to burn skin for fixed extended exposure.

As I said, airsoft ones use anything generally from 5-30mW, either being fine for general use without having to worry about blinding people.

At the end of the day it comes down to the responsibility of the user, and laser use often finds the user getting a lovely white laser of BB's straight back down the line of origin.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shooter88 Simple and easy Find out more about shooter88
              Working...
              X