what upgrades to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what upgrades to get?

i wil order an agm gbb m4 and the review say that it is not the most long living gun. what upgrades can i get to make it have a much longer life, but at a relatively low budget?

thanks

tom
    Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
    flame + hairspray = fun

Re: what upgrades to get?

convert it to an AEG? :D

I had a gas M4 rep, but it was an old, oldschool one a long time ago. I used to have to take it apart and keep the seals in tact and everything greased and serviced probably once every couple of months, but that said, I didn't use it in skirmishes really that much.

I suppose with a gas rifle, as long as you maintain it, it should last well, it's mostly seals and drying out you have to deal with as far as I know, you don't have batteries, wires, switches and all the other gizmos to deal with.
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

No such thing as a reliable GBB rifle on a low budget. I vaguely remember advising getting the WE over the AGM on another one of your threads but meh.

Anyway, if you want to upgrade, start with the NPAS system. I can't tell you where to get it, suffice to say there's only one UK shop (that I know of) that stocks a good supply.

That's £40, and isn't easy to fit either. They do a video, but I found it needed to modifying to get in correctly.

When the gun arrives (if you buy it new), chances are you'll need to modify the bolt catch to get it to work, same as I had to with mine. For details of this, see the thread I put up in the reviews section.

Again chances are the metal on the bolt that meets the bolt catch will wear into a slope, meaning the bolt lock won't work (for obvious reasons). You'll need to file it into a square shape again so it catches.

Make sure any extra mags you buy fit properly into the magwell and don't sit too far up like mine did. If they do, you'll have to modify them, or your gas engine will break (again this is all from personal experience).

Comment

yeh, i simply cant afford the WE version, but thanks alot for the advicce.
        Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
        flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

my agm is 5 months old and alliv had to replace is the charging handle last week.
          il say this much.
          - buy at least one replacement charging handle (just in case) wa ones will fit with a bit of filing
          -after each game day remove the bolt and clean it off and relubricate it to keep any dirt ect from griming it up,
          -the agm magazines are fit for purpose even if they are weighty (extra realism) just be sure to look after them and in personal experience use abbey ultra gas, it gives mine approx 330fps and has never had any problems with the mags.
          -avoid green gas if you can help it. friends of mine have used it in they agm mags and we mags and have burst the o-rings.
          -there is the mag mod method that will improve the performace of the bolt catch. worked on mine.
          -upgrading the barrel and hop are a slight issue since "mike" stopped doing the parts and myself and my team are currentley looking for other gbb part fitters.
          oh and just a heads up the agm. like most gbb rifles will take pretty much all magpul parts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tom the bom i am a male Find out more about tom the bom
          Working...
          X