Expendable Magazines - What's That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendable Magazines - What's That?

I'm looking at buying some mags, and wondered what the difference between the expendable ones are and the normal ones?

I assume people don't buy a box of 10 for £40, and just drop them in the field once they have emptied the mag?

Cheers,

James

Re: Expendable Magazines - What's That?

I think they are trying to emulate the real thing, not sure though.

Comment

bit of a waste

Comment

yep there real cap mags that you dont mind losing or dropping , and tbh i do like them
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I see some that hold 90 round, I'm quite sure the RS MP5 don't hold that many?!

Zero One code: MP5-95

Are these going to fall apart on me, or is this a very clever way of buying mags. Considering the TM 95 rounders are £16 each. This works out £4 each!

Comment

No, holds 30 rounds. I think they might be using it as a figure of speech perhaps. Expendable or not they are going to hold how many bb's they say it will :D

Comment

they work but in experience not very well i prefer MAG midcaps or even better TM mags

Comment

well if your planning dropping them on the ground i will take them lol

Comment

I think its just a cheap alternative, so people dont worry when they lose them because they are so cheap

Comment

I use them star midcaps, I paid 40quid for 10 of them, work fine!

Comment

just bought a box of Star m4 expendable midcaps, and looking at them they look like they are as good as any other plastic m4 mag i have had (i have owned lots of makes ie MAG, TM, KA etc etc), personally i think that they are very good for £4 per mag, only problem the m4 mids are grey not black but i can krylon them if i really wanted to. I just take the springs out of each of them strech them out abit and put the mbk in to make sure they feed nicely and they work fine.

Comment

its a cheap alternative iirc they are injection moulded, thus making them cheaper to buy but most probably more prone to breaking/damages also they are made out of plastic and not metal. They can come in both mid cap and low cap (RC)

Comment

*sigh*

Star make 30 round realcaps
                          Mag make midcaps and real caps

Both are plastic mags, 'expendable' is a selling point, but nobodyi n thier right mind dumps perfectly good mags.... Yes its doable, but real soldiers dont throw mags away when empty.... how do you think they fire the gun once thier ammo is dry? putting bullets in the gun one at a time?

Some break, but i find mag mids reliable, light and cheap. Light is a big factor when you carry lots of gear...

Comment

*Sigh*

Both Star & Mag do plastic midcaps & star also do "real caps" or 30rnders.

They are cheaper than your "normal" G&P or TM midcaps. Meaning if you drop & loose one its not such a big deal - hell I'd rather loose £4 than £30. Hense they are expendible or loosables. Most of us would do our best to keep them but some wealthy buggers could use them as true expendibles.

Although the price of them is about £40 - 45 at the moment they used to be aroudn the £30 - £35 mark in the UK & even cheaper in HK thanks to a at the time strong pound - I picked up a set of L85 or HK marked M16 Series real caps for £10 in HK not long after they came out.

Chris

As for real solider throwing away mags - in the UK no. (although you can get expendible mags.....)
                            I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Not going to happen... no professional ditches his mags...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X