Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Plug in and play burst wizard MOSFET opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug in and play burst wizard MOSFET opinions?

Hey people,

Has anyone owned or used one of these MOSFET burst wizards? Do they really work or mess your gun up? And do you have to wait a second between each shot burst?

Cheers :D

I use a King Kong Burst Wizard, not had any problems in my Magpul Masada.

------------------
    www.youtube.com/airsoftdevon
    My airsoft videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftDevon/

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Re: Plug in and play burst wizard MOSFET opinions?

just remember they aren't mosfets unless they are wired in. plug and play units offer none of the benefits of traditional fets
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Mosfet is the name for the solid state switch. The Burst Wizard ones have a 'soft start' ability which they claim reduces the spark (erosion) of the trigger contacts. Personally I think that would only work on new contacts, ones already used would probably still spark.
        The BW unit has a small turnable screw that enables full auto, variable speed full auto, burst option, then single shot (sniper) where there is a time delay between shots, to replicate a bolt action.

The AWS Raptor Fet looks much better.

Comment

I use both of there models in my M4's and you can have both of them hard wired and still retain the plug and play ability of them if you want to add an extra connector in-line with the 3rd wire connection that is optional on them.

@ tom edwards,

The AWS Raptors are like gold dust now as the company has gone out of business. But the people who first designed the raptors now have a new one in the beta testing stages called the Black Talon Concepts Chimera

Comment

Hi Guys, I have one of these, finally got round to hard wiring it. Everything seems straightforward except for the location of this "3rd contact"... I'd hazzard its the centre contact under the component that looks like it is adjustable with a small phillips screwdriver?

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
              Hi Guys, I have one of these, finally got round to hard wiring it. Everything seems straightforward except for the location of this "3rd contact"... I'd hazzard its the centre contact under the component that looks like it is adjustable with a small phillips screwdriver?
              The adjustable part controls the burst range. IE 3 burst, 5/7 burst etc.

Comment

I bought one of these for my M4 and found that the gun really struggled when I was on semi auto. If I fired off a quick burst of shots on semi the gun would lock up and stop firing. I woul dhave to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it before it would shoot again. Removed the burst wizard and never had the problem since. I don't use it anymore and will just replace the trigger contacts when they get to knackerd and cannot be cleaned anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                  The adjustable part controls the burst range. IE 3 burst, 5/7 burst etc.
                  Cheers, but I was asking about hard wiring. i.e. soldering it in

Several of the features only work if you do this, not on plug and play.

Comment

i have hard wired a kk burst wizard and to be fair its pretty good ,full programmable if a little complicated ,it does struggle with exact burst count with high ROF ,i.e. set for 3 rnd burst and it shoots 3-4 rnd.

Comment

Oh sweet @dadio, so you could tell me which is the right place to solder the third wire to?

Is it the centre connection on the rheostat? It seems to be the only option but the instructions talk about it being between two LEDs and I can find no LEDs anywhere. Starting to wonder if I really have the KK as advertised.

Comment

Ugh burst wizard.

It isn't a mosfet switch in the sense that it protects your trigger contacts. For that reason I avoid them.

All it does is give you fancy burst functionality.

Hard wiring it doesn't change the fact that it's doing nothing to protect your contacts.
                        Buy my stuff!

Comment

The plug and play units only go between the battery and existing wiring. As such, they CAN'T be as good as wired-in units.

"Wired-in" refers to a properly-fitted MOSFET unit that bypasses the trigger contacts - i.e sends the high motor current through the MOSFET, and NOT the trigger contacts.
                          Plug and play units still send the full motor current through the trigger contacts, but "soft-start" to reduce the wear. That "soft-start effectively REDUCES trigger response, as the full current isn't applied straight away...

Comment

i tried to fit one to my ics m4 and had nothing but issues. not only is it bloody complicated to set up compared to most units, mine sometimes forgot what it was set at as it will fire 3 rounds then randomly fire 5-6 rounds. there was also random trigger delay, but that only happened a few times. i eventully ripped it out. all tho i think it may of just be my unit tho as a mate has 1 yet hasnt said anything about it so i asume his works ok.

Comment

I've just picked one up.
                              Seems to work well with my aegs with 7.4v lipos but time will tell.
                              Going to give it a good field test at the NAE and will feedback then
                              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                              George Carlin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                              Working...
                              X