Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotguns

Hello!

I always try to be a bit different, rather tahn going the usual SMG route for CQB.. I was considering perhaps the shotgun route, for a bit more diversity!

I often bush crawl at GZW which involves close contact at times (taking out peoples ankles as they search for us) and also play a lot of urban at sopley..

Are shotguns actually effective? I'm talking the TM springers, 3 shot, speficially the M3 shorty

mmmmmmmm

Are these combat effective as CQB weapon/close quarters sneaky sneaky..?

Re: Shotguns

The TM ones are very effective indeed. Nice urban friendly FPS and have a good range.

But I'd say you'll need more shells. I myself carry around 10 with my SPAS-12, and that seems just right.

Comment

Wondered the same thing actually, have covered off a few bases I was thinking of a shotgun, will have to pop to the local shop and give one a try I think.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L
      Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

I dont know how effectiev yet. I have just got a bargain 8mm ACM M500 all metal gas I shall be trying out at Xsites killhouse on the Christmas bash on sunday and will decide if it is for me
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I have the TM super 90 short version with the G&P sliding stock. It's by far my favourate CQB weapon, as the three BB's get a nice spread so you can easily hit targets and it's a lot more involving (due to have to reload shells). Because of the Marui hop-up, the range is actually insane for a 280fps springer.

The hop up is fixed for .25, but I use .2's in CQB

Combined with a pistol and a lot of extra shells (I have seven), it's some of the best fun to be had at Urban.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I regularly went through 20-30 shells a game with my old benelli... you can realistically rapid fire them, which is very effective in CQB. Just hold the trigger down and pump the grip till it stops shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
              I have the TM super 90 short version with the G&P sliding stock. It's by far my favourate CQB weapon, as the three BB's get a nice spread so you can easily hit targets and it's a lot more involving (due to have to reload shells). Because of the Marui hop-up, the range is actually insane for a 280fps springer.

The hop up is fixed for .25, but I use .2's in CQB

Combined with a pistol and a lot of extra shells (I have seven), it's some of the best fun to be had at Urban.
              That's what I was thinking of a TM super 90, bout 120-140ish around here.

What's reloading it like?
              Weapons of Choice:
              G&G SOC-16
              JG - AK47 tactical
              VFC Scar - L

Comment

I find my gas M500 is great at putting shots through the bushes. Even if the first couple of BBs go astray, there's 5 going out at a time, so a couple should get there easily.

That's why it's usually my primary, rather than the M4 or MP5.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                  I find my gas M500 is great at putting shots through the bushes. Even if the first couple of BBs go astray, there's 5 going out at a time, so a couple should get there easily.

That's why it's usually my primary, rather than the M4 or MP5.
                  Sounds good, I don't want to spend too much to try one out though, I noticed there is a cheaper replica of the TM, the double eagle m56b, wonder if that is worth a try for the price?
                  Weapons of Choice:
                  G&G SOC-16
                  JG - AK47 tactical
                  VFC Scar - L

Comment

Yes but you can't slam fire those ones. Unless you like picking up plastic pieces all the time

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                      Yes but you can't slam fire those ones. Unless you like picking up plastic pieces all the time

Point taken, I'll shut up now and stop hijacking the thread lol.
                      Weapons of Choice:
                      G&G SOC-16
                      JG - AK47 tactical
                      VFC Scar - L

Comment

as said they can be very affective if used properly in cqb and in summertime woodland.

the few time i do cqb i prefer to use one over an aeg,it makes you think more and is generaly more fun.
                        but i wouldnt expect to get quite as many kills.
                        though ive stormed a room with one and taken 3 guys at once,without being hit back.

as for woodland there good in the summer when the veg is high,m3 and ghillie works a treat.
                        i would defently recomend the tm versions and probably the full size m3 overall as the best.
                        ive owned 3 m3 full size ,a shorty and a spass.
                        the spass looks the best, but is by far the hardest to cock,due to the large slippery grip
                        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I find the easiest way to cock my spaz is hook your thumb round the front of the grip. Just give you that little extra control when cocking.

Shotguns for CQB and woodland are fantastic. Like what has been mentioned before, you find you think about your shots more and thier consistant.
                          TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                          Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                          Maruzen APS Type 96
                          TM P226, Tac Master .
                          WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                          KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

I have both a m3 long and a tac launcher

Tac launcher looks cooler but the m3 has slightly better range and packs a slightly better punch

They are imo far better then the de ones, they just feel to me too light and flimsy

Comment

Used to have a TM SPAS 12, was awesome! Pretty good range & accuracy too. Too bad it got old & fell apart really . . .
                              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ejtrent Find out more about ejtrent
                              Working...
                              X