This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a quick reply!

ok. this has gone off topic a tad! xD i will send him the link however so he can have a red. but im with you guys.. why spend 1k on something that he wont be able to use properly for over 4 years? :S
    Personnally, im going with a two tone g3.. awesome guns, and can be used for anything
    Just which he would do the same!
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
      Bit harsh, two tones are there purposefully for non-ukara registered players. Renting is extremly expensive to do regularly. My local site runs a fantastic scheme which means two-tone sare not allowed on site without being covered up. this means two tones are welcome but you put scrim net over the top. Site manager has specifically said no mods to the wepaons are allowed to be permanent. Allows younger players be just emmersed as us oldies and not stick out like a sore thumb in the undergrowth.what's right or wrong and more so what he/she is willing to accept at there site.
      so you're suggesting taking a weapon that's been manufactured as an Imitation Firearm and is brightly coloured to prove this, and then changing it's appearance into a Realistic Imitation Firearm (albeit not permenantly)......

Gosh, that's real clever! I would suggest that several judges in this country would class that as manufacturing a RIF (which is illegal if you're under 18) - that's if of course an armed response officer managed to avoid shooting him in the first place as he couldn't tell that it was two-tone....

Seriously dodgy ground! Wouldn't you agree?
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
        so you're suggesting taking a weapon that's been manufactured as an Imitation Firearm and is brightly coloured to prove this, and then changing it's appearance into a Realistic Imitation Firearm (albeit not permenantly)......

Gosh, that's real clever! I would suggest that several judges in this country would class that as manufacturing a RIF (which is illegal if you're under 18) - that's if of course an armed response officer managed to avoid shooting him in the first place as he couldn't tell that it was two-tone....

Seriously dodgy ground! Wouldn't you agree?
        No mate, that's spot on with the legal position. There's a difference between manufacturing (painting - permament) and covering (temporary). I play at a site that won't even allow ex 2-tones to be used by registered players and the owner was on the team that set up UKARA and negotiated the specific defence for us, and this is what he suggests 2-tone owners do during games.
        sigpic

Comment

Exactly. The change is temporary. Put the scrim on it when you arrive ON SITE in the morning and then take it off before you go home. I would never ever suggest a player covers up there gun to make it look real and then run around in public with it. That's just plain thick. I wouldn't be allowed at my local site if I so much as thought about it. Besides, if you're a sensible player your guns will be covered when off site anyway in a discreet bag so armed response should never become an issue now should it?

It's always worth doing some research before stating what you've decided is fact rather than what is the actual reality
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

well then , put it bluntly mate , go to a different site that allows two tone , as the sites that say NO TWO TONE OR EX TWO TONE , are up their own ass's

just make sure you stick to the first FEW replies about the initial post , not the rest of 40 line upon ukara law,

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
              well then , put it bluntly mate , go to a different site that allows two tone , as the sites that say NO TWO TONE OR EX TWO TONE , are up their own ass's

just make sure you stick to the first FEW replies about the initial post , not the rest of 40 line upon ukara law,
              The initial question was about the VCR act and whether painting a two tone is legal (which it isn't). The UKARA related discussion is relevant.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

well , instead of having nearly 2 pages on VCRA crap

when there is a thread about it ,

just answer the OP question without every piss*ng thread resolving in a ukara rules and reg dispute ,

and to clear the op question , no it NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO TEMP COVER THE TWO TONE IF THE SITE ASK IT ,

other wise the sites them selves will be breaking the law buy incouraging them to do so ...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                Working...
                X