This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

plan to swap a airsoft gun, now it says on the website You?ll need to know...The parcel?s weight, dimensions and contents. im guessing you'd say the contents is a airsoft gun right? also rough guess of price sending out a 5.5kg package ( gun and extras ) AND what do you send it in? as obviously you don't just send it in a box.. thanks guys

Re: Quick question

why not send it in a box ? =)

Comment

no... :P obviously im sending the gun in its original box but i need something to protect it for instance stuff usually arrives in some sorta grey thick binbag-y thing which i believe isnt a binbag

Comment

Personally I would strip it down first to smaller parts for several reasons:

You can wrap/ secure each part safer resulting in a smaller likelihood of damage in post.
        You can make the package smaller and fit it in a cardboard box.

For padding/ packing I can advise one of three things:

1) Shredder paper,
        A personal environmental favorite of mine that is very good if you have enough of it and you don't have to shape it, just make sure you get enough around all the sides.

2) Bubble wrap
        Possibly the most expensive but also probably the best, you don't tend to need so much of it.

3) Newspaper
        The least effective one out of the lot but again, cheaper and better for the trees in Brazil. Make sure you scrunch up loads of newspaper and pad around all the parts, possibly even wrapping each part individually again.

It will cost approximately £12 for royal mail first class delivery. Which I would advise.

The bonus of stripping it down, is you can include a letter inside the parcel saying to anyone who opens it
        "Airsoft rifle parts to make a *Insert gun name here*- this is a Toy gun and cannot be made to fire live ammunition."
        As some companies will not ship Imitation Firearms, then it's a sure way of getting around it by describing it as in parts.

Personally though, as you are swapping, I would advise face to face trading, little to no chance of anything going wrong, and probably worth saving the postage money and spending it on petrol and peace of mind.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Thanks HunterAndy, although face to face trade would cost me £30 petrol to get to the desiginated location and ok, thats cool, any idea how much extra royal mail special delivery would cost?

Comment

http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/Pr...ar=pricingcalc
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I've always posted guns in the original box, with a layer of bubble wrap round the box and a decent layer of paper on the outside and never had a problem with them.

If you're sending it by royal fail, then they accept RIFs.
              sigpic

Comment

thanks everyone for speedy replies. mods please close

Comment

"Airsoft rifle parts to make a *Insert gun name here*- this is a Toy gun and cannot be made to fire live ammunition." done that

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                  Working...
                  X