How to make my M16 feel more.. 'real'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make my M16 feel more.. 'real'

Ok aside from putting bullets in it, how can I make my M16 feel more like the real thing?

I have a full metal JG MP5 RAS and its really hefty and solid, then when you pick up the G&P M16 (which DOES have a metal body I might add) it feels all plasticky and light and not as nice.

I think its partly to do with the foregrip and the stock that dont feel quite as stocky or sturdy as the MP5 and seem to be a bit flimsy.

Any ideas on any different makes of metal body/stock/foregrip I can buy to make my M16 more like the real thing?

Its not wobbles that are the problem.. but holding it after the MP5 and looking at them next to each other the M16 just doesnt seem quite.. right.. somehow..
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: How to make my M16 feel more.. 'real'

is it weight thats the problem?

if you are unhappy with the quality of the metal body then perhaps get a new one?

unless you try and get a metal ris foregrip i dont think you will be able to do much about it - again - buy a better quality one?
    mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

the grip and stock of the real m16s are plastic so you wont be able to really make it seem more real!

i do suggest a Classic army solid stock as thats one of the best ive used

and a guarder grip if your going for the bog standard m16
      Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've played around with a real-steel M16 mate, and even with the 203 on the end, it feels like a toy. They REALLY ARE that light.
        Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
        ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
        a whole 85fps!

Comment

oh i know theyre plastic in real life!
          im not THAT clueless haha

its just.. I would expect it to sort of feel.. thicker and sturdier plastic, but thanks for the recommendation on the CA stock, Ill try it

and Lt. Macka, I have been considering a metal RIS, and then a metal M203... but I dont know what else id attach..
          Or i thought maybe a metal m203 and metal heatshield.. but dunno whether that really goes with my ACOG, not sure if Id like the look.

Any suggestions on heavy, good quality metal bodies?
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

a light GnP ? the G&Ps i have are all carbine typs and they all out weigh an mp5 unless your talking about the silly FULL metal jg mp5 that has a metal lower ?
            if you want weight and a sturdy feel acm ras2 , steel outer 10.5 barrel and a GnP crane stock and a GnP body nice and heavy as soon as all your extras are fitted
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

CA stocks are great the plastic is top quality and the buttstock is full metal as real as the m16 stock
              Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

yeah the FULL metal MP5 haha

only thing that isnt metal is the stock I think!

Comment

i meant the butt of the stock is metal not the entire buttstock
                  Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

I have a CA solid stock with buttplate for sale if anyone's interested
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I've put a G&P M5 RIS front end on mine.

It's now the standard setup for the USMC along with an ACOG. M203's can be barrel mounted with this by removal of the bottom rail.

It adds to the overall weight as well.

As above, I replaced the plastic butt end for a CA metal one which also has a weight effect. I can't understand why G&P made this cost saving choice.

Comment

wow you must be macho man im weighed down with my m4 haha im gonna have to tone up

Comment

You could try:
                          - Steel charging handle
                          - Steel Bolt catch
                          - Toughend charging handle spring- the real M4/M16 has a much stronger spring
                          - Steel outer barrel

The above's what I'd do but I now have a WE M4 GBB with all steel parts- I'm there!
                          Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                          Working...
                          X