Nightvisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightvisions

Right lads im looking into a pair off goggles or a weapon site for night games
    what makes/models would you reccomend

Re: Nightvisions

If you get a scope then ur gonna be looking thor it and things will be really close.

Better off with a unit that you hold up to your sight

Comment

i want to beable to use it hands free too
      do you think i could make a makeshift handsfree kit
      on a cheap monocular

Comment

You would be better off going for a helmet with night vision mount, then you can just pull it down when ever you need it.

My feed back
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

What about looking through scopes though or is that a night scope only job

Comment

You can use a small X1 mag handheld unit and then use it with a headmount. The headmount is perhaps more flexible than a helmet mounted unit since I guess you would not want to wear a helmet a lot of the time.

You can use the headmount with a watch cap, baseball cap or without any other head wear except a helmet- I don't think it'll fit. You can probably mount the NV device on a helmet as well in any case.

You will need to practice using with your NV and rifle together- you likely need to adjust the position of your rifle scope on the RIS. Elevated scopes work better- e.g. an Aimpoint on a high mount is great.

Also don't think that kit arrives Saturday morning and you then go off to your night game at the weekend with your new toy and headmount kit expecting a video game- you'll be dissapointed! Practice at night in the garden- standing, kneeling, prone and snap shooting.
            Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

If you want to DIY it all you need are

http://www.zetronix.com/product_info...products_id=63
              Or any other kind of video sunglasses job that has the three cable video input.

and one of those IR security cameras that people have above there doors sometimes. Easy to find on ebay

Some enginuty to get them to stick together and vola!

Night vision!

It could also work as a helemt camera too to record your games but I dont know how that would work.
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Not sure that that's what's Murta369 was asking about.

I think he was after a Monocular device with it's own vision device.
                Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
                  If you want to DIY it all you need are

http://www.zetronix.com/product_info...products_id=63
                  Or any other kind of video sunglasses job that has the three cable video input.
                  You should get a Star trek uniform and a Phaser rifle AEG because if your going to look like Geordie La forge you may as well go the whole way.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

On Ebay for about £500 you can get the Gen2 goggles (both eyes) Gen1's are not excelent Gen2's are far better. I admit with them down you do look like Geordie. We have a Gen 1 with headset it OK but you get a fisheye effect that can be disorientating. I would pay the extra and get Gen2. Gen 3 is what the millitary use and costs about £2000 just in case you have loads of money spare.

Comment

yeah im gonna go for some goggles or in milarty terms "handsfree" kit
                      Whats the deal with russian gen 1s cant you pick them up dead cheap?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

murta369 Find out more about murta369
                      Working...
                      X