What is this ECU / mosfet called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this ECU / mosfet called?

I was browsing the web at work on Monday and i found an item i really wanted to investigate more but 2 days on and i still can't find or remember what it is called.

It is a fully programmable unit where you can set each of your selector positions to a different mode including the one that got me interested....

safe = semi
    semi = burst
    Auto = auto

or any combination of those.

Please, please, please tell me i wasn't dreaming. Obviously you can't mention shops or whatever, but the name of the unit should be okay if you know it.

thanks in advance

Re: What is this ECU / mosfet called?

dont know a mosfet that you can change the fire possitions, but is that really needed?

there are tons of mosfet out there that can do what you want with regards to fire settings.

most can:
    change modes
    sniper only
    1 second between semi auto shots
    safe semi auto
    safe burst auto
    safe semi burst auto

and then you can change the burst time from 3 to 4 or 5 or 6 shots
    and you can increase or decrease the speed of the motor and change the rate of fire.

its more important to work out what you want it to do, how much you want to spend, can you fit it yourself, how long it will last.

there are loads of threads on here about mosfets and loads of recomendations, but the only thing i looked at, was which one of the few i found that were in my price range and did what i wanted would last the longest.
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

It is not "necessary" other than i REALLY want one.

It has long been on my mind... "oh, i'd like to build a gun with those fire modes" initially thinking of a 4 way selector like on a MP5 but this could save me all of that hassle.

Just cut into one of the battery / power wires and fit a switch so i have power cut off / safety and the job is a good 'un!

Comment

i think you'll find that to disengage the saftey you will have to modify the selector plate.

as the selector plate is moved to safety it pushes a pin which lifts a bit of plastic up to physically stop the trigger.

if your looking for
        safe
        semi
        burst
        full auto
        them most programmable mosfets (like the Fireworks Ares in mine)

can do that, and thats exactly what i have done.

when i select safe = safe
        semi = semi

when i select auto and click it gives me a 3 rround burst but if i continue to hold the trigger i get my burst (which is adjustable to as many bb's as you like) and then i get full auto after 1/2 a second.

so i actually have 4 options its just how i use the trigger that matters.

on saturday i was playing with noobs who were not taking their hits so i would burst them and keep holding and then full auto would kick in so i could hose them down!

i think this is the best way to go, but its only my opinion. you still get all the options and you dont have a big solid safety switch that has to be rated at 50A getting in your way and causing resistance. Oh and you dont have to modify tapet plates or anything.

Just wire it up (cut out the fuses as it has some thermal ones built in) and away you go.

Comment

It's not that one in an AK that someone was talking about on here?
          the one by Ares? (I think it was them)
          sigpic

Comment

I am running a pair of CTWs, will they work on those as the insides are different? No selector plate to speak of etc.

I like the idea of keeping safe as safe. I had no idea about these. I will speak to my gun ninja and pass on the details... i have been driving him mad with this advert i saw the other day, but i cant remember the details of it!

Comment

Check out the ASCU V2 MOSFET, should be of interest to you!

Comment

I thought I saw a convo going on about a thing in an Ares AK that had selectable fire positions

either that or you just got for the Celcius ECU but that isn't as dynamic as this thing you're talking about
                sigpic

Comment

AHUH! I found it! not too sure if it's particularly relevant but here it is:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...80#post1015380
                  sigpic

Comment

i have no idea about mosfets in CTW's. the Ares AK unit is just for the AK at the moment as i understand it.

Comment

that's a shame...I know that Celcius's MX3 have the mosfet that can interchange between full auto and burst

I think what loki is looking for is a mosfet that functions like the Ares on in the beryl so that he has the possibility to set the fire selector to swap semi for burst or have interchangeable settings.

That's what i've roughly understood the Ares one does...I may be completely wrong but it does seem to be a much more advanced system then the CTW one and I imagine the one he's seen advertised is either beryl in Ai mag or another one that has come out that fits more than AK's
                      sigpic

Comment

found this on that thread:

NFFS.jpg
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                        Working...
                        X