Paypal Gift fees no more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Gift fees no more.

I know you should never send money for buying goods over the internet via Gift, but for small things between trusted people it has always been a good way to skip the fees or for sending money to relatives etc.

Sadly it seems, Paypal has now done away with this, instead giving you the option of either the recipient OR the sender paying the fees.

Meh, Meh I say!

Still, I guess the realised all the money they were missing out on.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Re: Paypal Gift fees no more.

I dislike Playpal, oops, if I'm to be honest. If there's any other way I can pay someone I'll usually take it.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I`m fed up with Paypal too, just put in a claim against a seller for a faulty pistol sold to me and Paypal say they cant turn it into a claim as it was "only" faulty and not a different item or mis discribed. So off to small claims court about a seller from here.
      sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

There not always useless, not long ago the Mountain of HK messed up an order. After trying to contact them I opened a dispute and within a week the Mountain HK freaked and sent me a replacement part for free.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

+1 to paypal suck.
          i had a dispute with kh not sending my entire order and useless replies from them when i emailed them, to cut it short the dipute was a "item missing" kind so when it got to the last day with no result i escalated it to a claim, an instant email saying they wont be paying me back as i received the goods !
          they obviously didnt read anything i had entered when i started the dispute.
          so if someone finds a more useful service then let me know as the only thing keeeping me from closing my paypal acount now is that its one of the easyest ways to pay online.
          Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

if you send as "payment owed" its still free, dunno if that will last though?

rich.
            'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

paypal may be rubbish but at least there is SOME options should things go wrong

with any other payment method you are just screwed
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

This has been around for a while..

Comment

Originally posted by swill View Post
                  i had a dispute with kh not sending my entire order and useless replies from them when i emailed them
                  The exact same thing happened to my friend.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

I buy and sell using paypal, also personnal cheque and bank transfer/ direct deposit.
                    At the end of the day i always keep all correpondance relating to the sale until its closed to both parties satisfaction, as even PM's can be used as evidence in a claims case.
                    All payment types can be claimed against, as its a transaction, and as such, if an item is sold a certain way, and you recieve something thats not as described/ non working or not recieved at all, regardless of the method of payment used, you can still claim.
                    You probably have a better chance of getting satisfaction from a county court claim. The guilty party will have court costs to pay, and should they not pay, the court has appointed representatives who will go round and sieze goods to the value of your claim.

This is from the trading standards website, and puts it in wuite simple terms.

When you buy goods from a trader you enter into a contract which is controlled by many laws including the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002). The law gives you certain statutory rights, including that the goods are of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for their purpose.

If things go wrong when you purchase goods, you may be entitled to ask for a full refund, compensation, or a repair or replacement. Any guarantee provided is extra to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act.

Hope this is constructive for you all.
                    Ratty
                    Trader Feedback.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Strange as my Paypal account lets me send money as a gift (did so 5 minutes ago!)

Comment

Yes it will, but someone has to pay now.

Either you, or the person receiving.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post
                          Strange as my Paypal account lets me send money as a gift (did so 5 minutes ago!)
                          Me too, glitch possibly? Did so this morning.

EDIT: Just saw Gaffa's post.
                          It hasn't prompted me to pay anything ... at the moment.

Comment

Maybe they "Be-well"ed it then.

Sorry, had too much time on my hands recently, watching too many films!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              Yes it will, but someone has to pay now.

Either you, or the person receiving.

Nope the person receiving it didn't. Mind my account is a premiere not a bog std one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Another Find out more about Another
                              Working...
                              X