Cheap Torch For About 15 Quid...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Torch For About 15 Quid...?

I've got a Mall trip coming up next month, and am told I require a torch. I've had a look on a popular online auction site, and there are ones up to 1800 lumens for about what I want to spend.

Anything to lookout for, or is it simply brighter the better? This torch will do one or two CQB games, rest of the time just for around the house / camp.

Re: Cheap Torch For About 15 Quid...?

Those ones on auction sites are great, no point spending rediculus amounts on a torch! So if you were to enter thease random numbers into a site that auctions stuff off,

It might show you what I think is a cracking bit of kit! I have 2 very bright and a built in mount and preasure pad! Job done!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Those chinese ones are ok but they are no where near as powerful as they say they are. The LED is rated to 1800lmns, as is the power circuit, realistically you may be hard pushed to see 150 out the front lumens (although 150 is still pretty good).
      Tesco are selling LED torches at the moment for about the price you are talking about, dont know how bright they are but they look nicely made. They do a D cell one and a AA cell one as well.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sean beat me to it, I picked up a nice little torch from Tescos the other day. For a fiver I can't ask for more... plus it fits perfectly in one of my old scope rings, bonus

Comment

To put that in perspective, what is a fairly common brightness level?

Cheers for the heads up, RIS and pressure pad for £23 total is good. Although for what I want, something cheaper with push button back I can tape on will do!

Comment

If going for a hong long cheepo, go for about 350 lumin, like Sean said there not actually that bright but still damn good just get one with a Cree bulb in it! There brighter than led's.

Comment

Originally posted by Strebor_7 View Post
              If going for a hong long cheepo, go for about 350 lumin, like Sean said there not actually that bright but still damn good just get one with a Cree bulb in it! There brighter than led's.
              Cree is a type of LED.

Comment

A light bulb is a light-emitting diode though.
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                  A light bulb is a light-emitting diode though.
                  A light bulb CAN be a LED. What most people think of as a light bulb is an incandescent light bulb. Or in a torch, something like a Krypton unit, this is NOT a light emitting diode.

Comment

Ultrafire 501B R5 Cree, about 15 ish and it's fantastic.
                    Get it right roon ye!

Comment

As above! Search the bay for ultrafire cree. I bought a C8 version with tail cap and pressure switch for about £16 posted in the UK. Couple of things to be aware of - they usually take cr123a or 18650 batteries - so you'll need to sort those out too. They also usually have several modes: high, med, lo, strobe, SOS etc that are selected by cycling the button or switch. It can be a bit annoying when you want constant light, but the next level in the rotation is strobe. You have to quickly cycle to the one you want. I'd recommend looking for one that just does on and off!

Comment

I think I am being really dense but I am struggling to come up with anything suitable for less than £30 ish and I really need a suitable torch.

Could someone pm me a link or number to a Cree torch, with a mount, batteries and pressure switch at a decent price?

cheers in advance!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ultrafire are good and within budget from eBay

Comment

Type those numbers in my first reply into a well known auction site! That is a cracking torch and then search for c123a batteries to go with!

Comment

i have an ultrafire cree, from ebay "1000 lumins" as it states. One hell of a torch for the money! i got mine with a pressure pad for £14.
                              My old man was so impressed he got me to order him one, and hes strapped it to his rifle for night shooting.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X