Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC?

who are they?

never heard of them until today, are they anygood?

Re: SRC??

They along with AIM and a few others were one of the first budget clone makers, they had metal bodies which made them stand out, these days they have a larger range, after market internal parts and higher prices. I think of them as budget CAs.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

so more expensive then jg for example?

Comment

They were the last time i checked, i think they still have some cheaper models around, but they weren't as high rated as JG.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

thanks for the help mate

Comment

I wouldn'tpersonally touch a gun made by SRC, very poor quality materials used

Comment

thanks starscream....

Comment

i had a scar with an src greabox in it -

it was the worst thing ive ever seen - in credibly poor quality.

cant say ive ever heard much about them - good or bad.

trawl the interwebs for reviews bud.

mac
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

there M4 metal bodies are slightly different to TM/CA bodies and are a bit of a nightmare for upgrading etc

Comment

Had an SRC M4. Was 190 quid from Wolf back in 2007.
                    Build quality on arrival was far better than had expected. Full metal body with plastic handguard and retractable stock. The magazine feed was flawless, and was the best magazine ive ever owned. Worked in every gun i have ever had.
                    After 2 skirmishes, the barrel began to wobble. Not too bad at first, but then gradually getting worse and worse. By my 5th skirmish, i was fed up. Id tightened the allen key bolts that held the barrel in place, but they always came loose. Eventually, due to the tightening, they rounded off and the threading was non existant, meaning the bolts would simply drop in and out, rather than being screwed in.
                    I got rid of this problem by fitting a CA barrel and full metal RIS handguard, and after that it sorted the problem out. Unfortunatly, because of this, the barrel didnt sit properly anymore, and it took a lot of tinkering to fix.
                    The gun then spent about 8 months without use, until a friend of mine used it at urban. He loved it, and said it was great for the days skrimishing he had. Being his first time, it was ok for him, but i got fed up with the self adjusting hop, which tended to change position by itself whenever it felt like it. For nearly 200 pounds, i wasnt a happy bunny!
                    Im not saying Star Rainbow Company make a bad gun, but for the cash, you could pick up a beautiful CA sportline which would go A LOT further than the SRC M4 went.
                    Overall, if you dont mind throwing money into a gun, then go for it, but the internals arent great, and the build quality on the one i owned was shoddy for the price i paid.
                    Hope that helps!
                    Hoggy

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                      i had a scar with an src greabox in it -

it was the worst thing ive ever seen - in credibly poor quality.

mac
                      sorry guys - would like to withdraw that - it was a jls gearbox i was thinking of = not an src

sorry again

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Destroyer Find out more about Destroyer
                      Working...
                      X