Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Winchester Randall....yes or no as a good side-arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester Randall....yes or no as a good side-arm?

after watching Zombieland AGAIN I have developed the desire for the KTW spring level-action 1873 randall

My current side-arm is a KWA MK23 (if anyone is interested in it PM me) and I was considering selling this to fund the randall and adapting a leg holster to accommodate the weapon which is almost the size of a very large pistol

I know it's probably not the most practical of weapons but the fact that I hardly ever use my pistol leads me to believe that having something a lot more fun attached to my leg will mean more use

I doubt the range is anything astonishingly good as the spring is only around 250fps (yes, I know fps isn't everything) but I still think it'd look extremely cool and be a real head-turner

what's everyones thoughts...does it sound like a bad idea?
    sigpic

Re: Winchester Randall....yes or no as a good side-arm?

Had one cool to look at not very practical to skirmish with as a sidearm the range isn't to bad not as good as a tm pistol but if your 10m from someone hitting them shouldn't be too hard....

Comment

hmmm...I've heard that the KTW randall is quite stiff to cock....is this true?
      sigpic

Comment

As far as a holster goes: Have a look through episodes of Firefly (or the film Serenity) for ideas - Zoe has one as a sidearm in that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Airsoft Lad View Post
          hmmm...I've heard that the KTW randall is quite stiff to cock....is this true?
          The carbine version is, so I assume the Randall would be the same, but made harder as there's no butt for leverage.

Comment

I've heard that the spring is just an ordinary m80, so you could potentially upgrade the power... But you might have difficulty cocking it, and I doubt there are many spare parts for this gun if anything breaks under the higher spring tension...

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, it appears the springs are NOT standard AEG springs.
              I've not had mine out to measure yet, but I've heard from someone who has that it's not the same.

If that is indeed the case, I'm going to look into a new spring guide and a spacer setup if there's no suitable alternative.
              The spring guide is plastic, so would need to be replaced if you put in a high powered spring.

Comment

Have seen them in over the shoulder holsters and backpacks, but on a leg holster. Maybe if you are Dolph Lundgren and you consider the Serbu Super Shorty a sidearm then fine, but for average sized humans better on your back or on a bungie at your side if you don't mind the possibilities of scrapping it along the ground.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

get one and enjoy it, its not practical but neither is the Auto 9 and i use that. i also use the barrett. If you think its kool then thats all you need to convince yourself of using it!
                  Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

"Mares Leg" holsters exist but since the vcra they're not so easy to find in the UK, a cowboy reenactment store may be of help, the Randall wont be fun to cock in a rush and drawing it quick will be a pain too,

Fun yes, practical no

Comment

anyone know what the gas Marushin 1892 is like?
                      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Collectable but not usable, weak internals plus the serious lack of spares.

Comment

^exactly why the KTW one seems more attractive...It's a shame A&K didn't make theirs in a randall version
                          sigpic

Comment

The A&K ones are the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                              Collectable but not usable, weak internals plus the serious lack of spares.
                              ok, looks like i should stop drooling and leave it then
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
                              Working...
                              X