Airsoft Gun Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Gun Ranges

Had cause to be thinking about range this week as I played on a much more open site this weekend, which got me wondering what kind of range people are getting from their AEG's?

My MP5 was reaching the 40 meter target - just. I have a couple of tweaks to make to the hop up, but I wondered realistically what kind of range it could be going?

I was also interested in the ranges of sniper weapons, specifically the JG BAR 10.

So how far does your go?

Re: Airsoft Gun Ranges

this might help

http://www.1728.com/velocity.htm
    Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Not really applicable to airsoft guns, that loose velocity over time.

Might be an idea to search for the thread a few weeks/months ago on some sniper on here and his M24 (i believe) at Spec Ops... can't remember what the alleged range was but it was a scary thought...

My BAR-10 nicely tefloned up is probably accurate to 70m, firing at an estimated 450fps. Much further and i'm pissing in the wind (quite literally...)

Comment

Most snipers can reach 60-70m without major upgrades... Out the box, some will be much less without any upgrades... my Well L96 could get to 70 out the box, but the accuracy was only passable for sniping.

Properly upgraded and tuned, you can manage 100-120m probably from an airsoft sniper... Thats an actually hitting people sort of distance. Drop shotting and luck aside thats not a bad aproximation. More is possible, but depending on the gun you might be looking at illegal muzzle velocities.

Comment

was mine and sam s.o's m24, shoots 151m could of done more if the thing was lubed up properly,

PTW shoots 75m ish

Comment

Just found out my barrel was in upside down, lol!!!!

Maybe now my hopup will work better!

Comment

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                Fail.
                Yeh I know, lol!

I'm now quite impressed I hit the 40 meters with no hopup though :D

Comment

In the UCAP tunnels I hit 85 Meters with a JG G36c firing at 348fps. But that was with NO elements affecting the BB except natural wind resistance. My VSR which chrono'd yesterday at 492 is good for a touch over 100m. And my M14 last chrono'd at 349 is accurate to about 75-80m.

After my mags warmed up a touch, my Glock 23f was almost hitting 50m on green gas, but then the mags cooled down

Comment

Here's link to alot of info on airsoft ballistics:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ght=ballistics

However, if you don't fancy trawling through all that info, here's a link to a spreadsheet I produced that can give you an approximate range to use based on FPS, BB weight etc. It's just a guide.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mxnwjhw3uzq
                    Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Accuratley 30m with my ics mp5, although i can hit targets at 40m if i use the gun like a mortar. Does anyone do that? Your targets are out of range so your AEG turns into an artillery gun? Gotta aim it like at 45 degrees or something ridiculous

Comment

I love how poor, people's approximation of range, can be sometimes.
                        sigpic
                        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

That comment was done very carefully. I suppose youve got a Tape measure stuck to the end of your gun?

Comment

got to agree with dope, theres so distances stated on here which are just laughable
                            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                              Not really applicable to airsoft guns, that loose velocity over time.
                              as aposed to those real bullets which travel forever? (sorry couldn't resist)

id say in the region of 40-50m is about right for a 350fps aeg

the ranged people are getting out of their sniper rifles these days is rediculous.

my own is only running at about 250fps - i get about 40m ish. lol

mac
                              Originally posted by Coz
                              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X