Choosing the RIGHT china Eotech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing the RIGHT china Eotech

So you're probably wondering "why one of the chinese clones that just don't work?"

Well because basically I don't really want to spend more than £100 on a sight that I won't be using all the time, and especially if I'm not going to have any magnification with it (I don't think I'll be getting a magnifier).

Basically, I'm looking for something to replace the [hideous] Aimpoint M2 that's on my Tan Masada.

Tan Eotech! You say, but I ask which one?

Now I think I'll be ordering from EBB and the one I've been looking at is priced $84.20.
    more than $30 more expensive than the cheaper Eotech 552 and 551 in black they have on there.

My question is, has anyone had this one and can they rate it at all? The reviews suggest good comments, no ghosting etc.

Now I'd also be interested in getting the Eotech Cover that combines a laser the black version - so that I can use the Eotech on black and tan rifles) but as the title/ description only comments on it being compatible with a 551 and 552 I'm a little hesitant to order it if it's not going to fit.

Any suggestions/ comments?

Is the 553 Exactly the same as the 552 only its a bit shorter, but longer than the 551?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 December, 2009, 05:01.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Choosing the RIGHT china Eotech

I have G&p 552 and it is working fine,not sure if it is real g&P or a copy. But for the price I got it so I cant expect a lots from it. £41 included shipping to UK.
    I will shoot you all.

Comment

apparently the 552 on a hk website which may remind you for a mythical fire breathing creature has one for about 60 odd dollars which is supposed to be free from ghosting etc. Its black not fde though. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoft-warriors88 View Post
        I have G&p 552 and it is working fine,not sure if it is real g&P or a copy. But for the price I got it so I cant expect a lots from it. £41 included shipping to UK.
        I also have a so called G&P and it also works fine - no ghosting - put some duracell batteries in it and its lasted several months, with no problems.

Comment

I have had several 552 551's from various china site's and they all appear to be the same chassis with varying levels of internals from very good to down right appalling. The reticule emitters have improved a lot in the past year (hence no ghosting) Although I have found that on some if you use lithium rechargeable batteries the ghosting can come back because the image is so bright. If no one has measured the 553 by mid week I will get my friends one and compare it, but I think it's the same size but with the buttons in a different place. If you want an unused (but missing a screw) black 552 drop me a line.

Comment

I`ve heard that G&P are the best of the 'china' eotechs.
            As already said, can be had for between £40 and £50.

Comment

The problem with a lot of the G&P products is many are exactly the same as the cheaper ones even coming in the same box's. Even in the UK some of the bigger retailers ads say G&P 552 or G&P 121 Aimpoint but they are all made in the ching-chong-gimmy-choo province room 101...

Buyer Beware!

Comment

i have the 551 from ebb on its way and the acog from there

Comment

i have the 551 from EBB. the reticule struck me as strange at first as it has 3 dots (one center and 2 underneath) but they work really well for long range shots! decent build quality and i have a spare 551 that i am planning on krylon-ing the cover in tan :p

Comment

Right, think I'm going for the 553

Can anyone tell me if the Laser Cover will fit on? Cheers.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                    Working...
                    X