Pistol Carbine Convertors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Carbine Convertors

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless your pistol has a longer barrel installed, the carbine conversions are just a fancy looking piece of metal or plastic to make the pistol look longer/prettier.
    They obviously don't make the pistol any more reliable or have better gas performance.

Are there any positives (apart from style of course)?

Re: Pistol Carbine Convertors

In airsoft you are correct, they are just for looks. Possible it gives you longer sights, or maybe a red dot, but in airsoft that's no big deal.

Comment

If you put an extended barrel on the pistol I guess they could be used to hide said barrel and make the gun more accurate.

In real steal do they make pistols more accurate? Obviously they're easier to aim because of the length and stock

Comment

Purely for ergonomics and accuracy...

The pistol is no more accurate for being in one, but the shoother can be more accurate as the pistol can now be held like a rifle, tight into the shoulder to minimise recoil and climb on multiple shots.

In terms of airsoft - i lump them in with M203 launchers! There is a niche for them with advantages in limited arenas, but they look cooler than a penguins cold bits!

I have a Glock 23f in a HERA carbine kit purely for indoor CQB. Between that and my Glock 19 i have total mag compatibility between my primary and secondary. Did i mention i also think it looks cooler than a penguin's cold bits?

Comment

Have to agree, Loki has my old Hera kit, I loved playing cbq with it, with 6 long mags and a small red dot I was more than happy to use that rather than lug around an AEG, it's quick to stick round corners and did someone mention it looks cooler than a penguins cold bits?

It may not be for everyone and when I first saw it I didn't like it but they are so comfortable it's silly

Comment

Originally posted by Pepperisit View Post
            In real steal do they make pistols more accurate? Obviously they're easier to aim because of the length and stock
            As Loki says it doesn’t really make the pistol more accurate, it makes it so you can more easily achieve that accuracy, but in the real world, yes the pistol is more accurate. It will hit further out faster, as in the recoil is more manageable allowing you to get back on target much quicker.

Comment

aside from the fact it looks baddass
              there are a few other advantages in airsoft. more RIS space for fun things. a Foregrip also rather than being a big weighty GBBR you have a light quickly deployable fast trigger response rifle.

this is my badboy:

it has a sling attachment which is possibly the most useful bit.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Thanks guys, just looks then as expected haha! I can understand that for cqb, but I'd rather just use a pistol (as theres no real recoil) but can appreciate the stock makes it easier to aim quickly.
                I'd still rather use an mp5k or magpul pdw (if/when its released)

Comment

Originally posted by Pepperisit View Post
                  Thanks guys, just looks then as expected haha! I can understand that for cqb, but I'd rather just use a pistol (as theres no real recoil) but can appreciate the stock makes it easier to aim quickly.
                  I'd still rather use an mp5k or magpul pdw (if/when its released)

what about trigger response?
                  that's the biggest issue I have with AEG's in CQB (it may just be because i have slow motors in mine at the mo) but it takes a lot longer for a aeg to fire than a gbb.

also it's quicker to reload a glock than a gas mp5k

Comment

Magpul PDR is the only AEG i have actually been anticipating the release of...

Sexy time!

Back on topic though, yeah, the kits are for looks - if you take the effort to zero a red dot or similar it will offer advantages over a pitol alone in terms of repeatable accuracy.

Advantages over AEG:
                    Weight, or lack there of
                    Potential for secondary weapon magazine compatability - any mag fitting any gun is a bonus when they are ALL running at you!
                    Manouverability of both the gun and you

Disadvantages over AEG:
                    Cost of magazines
                    Capacity of magazines
                    Cool down effect from sustained fire
                    Long range accuracy - but if you are getting into long range engagements with an airsoft pistol, you deserve to be lit up!

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post

Long range accuracy - but if you are getting into long range engagements with an airsoft pistol, you deserve to be lit up!
                      see you say that I know someone with a S&W 5" revolver that is 500fps which he uses like a sniper.
                      also my S&W sigma 40f has longer range than my mp5 and m4! Hence why I use it as a sniper pistol
                      It's co2 though so cooldown isn't an issue.

but yes in most cases a pistol vs a long is no comparison.

Comment

Yeah because that's realistic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                            ... *sigh*

what aspect of that is not realistic?

it all seams pretty logical.

Comment

Has noone noticed Loki's MBUS's are on backwards?! :P

Has someone mentioned they look cooler than penguins a cold bits?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pepperisit Find out more about Pepperisit
                              Working...
                              X