Which Fn Fal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fn Fal ?

Okay everyone, I have an urge to get myself an FN FAL aeg. Now, there seems only King Arms and Classic Army that market these. I have asked a few people and got some confusing opinions, yes king arms are good to look at, but unreliable to use, yes Classic army are good to look at, but need upgrading.
    Come on, I know some of you out there are Fal fans, and whatever make you have, give me your opinions, but please I want useful info, not "buy so an so, because it's the best".
    I was leaning towards king arms, well it's the only rifle I can find on the UK market,(best price £269.00) although it's not the British variant, the L1A1, sadly disconnected. However, Classic army does the CA58, which is a decent copy, again people, let me know your opinions.

Greatly appreciated.
    Diolch
    Taff

Re: Which Fn Fal ?

My king arms FN FAL has been the most reliable AEG i have ever owned.

It is acurate, consistant and works every time i pull the trigger.

The only time it has ever been opened up was to down grade as it came out of the box at 370fps.

Comment

Thanks snowy, much appreciated.

Comment

The SA58 by CA should'nt need any more upgrading than the King Arms, possibly less, it should be fine out of the box. If you want an SLR though then go for the Ares, I have one and its great, they are harder to get hold of these days but not impossible and I think there was one available on here recently.
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Cheers Devlin, much appreciated.

Comment

I've got a CA SA58 OSW. Its been reliable since i bought it secondhand. Just fitted an M90 spring tonight (307fps - 13rps) RIS is useful if needed. Solid construction. Lowcaps, mids and hicaps easily available including a huuuge 1000rnd (30rnd in real life) hicap. And a few places i've seen in the UK have them in stock.

Comment

I can only echo what Snowy said. My King Arms FN FAL is just awsome. I bought it new when they came out years ago. Mine is serial number 0000002. It needed a new motor about a year ago, and recently the hop started to wander BUT this was due to things working loose. Now all tightened up it is back to normal firing 303fps with a consistency I would love in my other guns.

For me, a real keeper!

Comment

The king arms version. I had one at the same time as tin and with a little work we managed to do a L1A1 conversation to both of ours so you can make your own if you cant buy one predone. The only reason I still don't have it is because I became infected with a desire to own multiple M4's. Otherwise it was an amazing rifle.

Comment

Cheers guys, all input appreciated.

Comment

I've got the folding stock King Arms and, again, I'd say it's great.

It's the only rifle I've got that I haven't upgraded the hop and barrel and I'm still more than happy with the performance.

My only criticism is the charging handle. You get a VERY smile-inducing clunk when you let it go, but don't be fooled into thinking that this means it's tough. Mine broke off after a couple of weeks of playing with it. This doesn't effect the performace in any way, but just looks a little messy not having it there.
                    sigpic

Comment

My CA SA58 is fantastic, however due to a shoulder injury I'm going to have to sell it on. Not a small weapon. :p Pretty fearsome performance OOTB and aside from the charging handle which likes to break it's link to the extremely heavy bolt and bolt spring (doesn't impact the function of the gun) it's pretty much brilliant externally as well.

Comment

cheers lads

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
                        Working...
                        X