Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do

So here is the story.

I sold a gun, working no problems. Was sent and received by the buyer. He sent me a message upon receipt that the air nozzle was sat forward and can be seen through the magwel. He did not have a charger for the gun so was unable to test it and asked if the nozzle was out of line or broken.

I explained to him this was normal, the gun had simply been fired on full auto and not returned and that when using the gun it will be fine, they stated the nozzle might not let BB's pass. It was obvious they are new to Airsoft. Gun was sold on the 31st of August.

On the 12th Of this month they contact me to say the gun is faulty, saying the BB's just fall out the end and the air nozzle does not move.

I agreed to have the gun back and refund on reciept, they asked if they could keep a battery to cover costs. I agreed.

Gun arrived today, I took the gun in, un wrapped it and hooked up a battery, it was jamming so I unwound the hop, worked fine. I took a video of this working and emailed the guy.

He wrote back telling me what happened

" Initially load in hi-cap mag. Nothing happens at all. I remove hi-cap and BBS just fall out of the mag well. Notice the air nozzle is still in the same out of alignment position. I try a different mag, same thing. I repeat process for a good 5-10 minutes.

Try adjusting the hop up, nothing happens. BBs continue to fall from the mag when it is unloaded. I contact a mate from my site and he agrees to call round to have a look.

I demonstrate the same problem to him and the same results occur. I raise my concerns about the air nozzle alignment issue. He claims to have seen it before on one of his rifles and he said he had to manually move it with a screw driver however I wasnt keen on doing this so we fire the rifle unloaded whiles watching the air nozzle in the mag well. We not there is no movement what so ever. again this went on for about 5-10 minutes. Had a tweak of the hop up and tried several mags with no noticeable difference.

After another 10 minutes maybe and checking the air nozzle we notice that it had moved a bit more into alignment. We load mags again and try again. BBs begin falling out of the barrel with the occasional one firing out properly."

He now wants a full refund and keeps my battery. Obviously I am not happy with offering a full refund as I will be out the postage fee's and down a battery.

I work on guns, if the air nozzle was not moving it would mean there was something broken (spring or tappet plate) or it would make a horrid noise if stuck.

What would you do?

Re: What would you do

If he has the battery ask for it back or give a part refund you can't take things back to shops that aren't complete and say I'm keeping xxx as compinsation how was it paid for?

Comment

Well hes clearly an idiot and doesnt know how the guns work.

Either offer him a refund minus the cost of the battery hes decided to keep, or send him the gun with clear instructions not to be a retard.

Comment

Offered him £110 he refused.

He also threatened with the police. Little bored with it so refunded him 115, left me out of pocket and left me with a sour taste in my mouth. But owell

Comment

Sounds like a bit of an idiot to me - bad luck fella! I'd have just sent him a refund of 110 and told him what the deal was - if he didnt have a charged battery to test it of course it wasnt going to fire!
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Why the police ???

Comment

All part of dealing with the occasional moron unfortunately.

The amount of times I've bought from here and the sellers come up with bullshit excuses as to why it takes two weeks to post something is beyond me. Just makes all the genuine and good guys on here that sell look bad.

Comment

Not sure why the police, he feels he is being conned I guess and stated I was holding back £120 for a 6 pound battery, I informed him he is welcome to speak to the police and I was not holding back the full refund because of the battery, but because I felt it was unfair I was left out of pocket when returned a gun that actually worked. So we agreed to disagree really ge got a battery and a £115 refund.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had an AEG where removing a loaded mag doesn't result in a few rounds falling from the magwell...[sarcasm]damn I should ask for a refund on all my guns [/sarcasm]

Do a refund minus the cost of the battery. If you send the gun back, you'll probably get the same sort of replies again. Maybe the buyer bought the gun, found it wasn't to his taste and wanted to get shot of it.

Comment

Sadly this is what can happen when selling stuff over t'interweb.

The last AEG I sold on here, I was left £160 down with a broken gun and stung £30 for delivery and collection. I was told that the charging handle had been snapped off in transit (which was true) and that the gearbox had jammed up and was making a horrible grinding noise (not true). All it needed was a battery with some charge to be connected and it worked beautifully. Apart from the charging handle being missing. I can't blame the guy for wanting a refund at all in my case, being an AK47, a missing charging handle makes it all wrong.

Nevermind, eh? It's gone on to a new home now and the new owner is extremely happy with it. Infact, he was so happy he decided to shoot me in game with it, just to prove how good it is!
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Mav View Post
                      Not sure why the police, he feels he is being conned I guess and stated I was holding back £120 for a 6 pound battery, I informed him he is welcome to speak to the police and I was not holding back the full refund because of the battery, but because I felt it was unfair I was left out of pocket when returned a gun that actually worked. So we agreed to disagree really ge got a battery and a £115 refund.
                      Civil matter - the Police wouldn't get involved.
                      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

And again this is why 99% of my dealings are face to face.... Try lying to me then.

Comment

If its fully working you're more than entitled to send it back to him. You don't have to refund it just because it arrived back

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mav Find out more about Mav
                          Working...
                          X