Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

I am just about to renew my house contents insurance and was wondering whether to put my guns on it or not.

The TV, phones, bikes etc are all on it so why not the guns? I know they are not worth lots but would be an arse if house was broken into and they were nikced.

My 3 together worth a probably less than a grand.

Do you think it would just cause issues with insurance company etc? and has anyone done it?

I tried to search the forum but it just came up with random topics totally unrelated to what i was looking for!

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Re: Insurance

just claim them as sporting equipment

Comment

I'd add them on, will be a ridiculously small amount to. No harm and say they are essentially expensive toy guns.

Comment

I wouldn't mention them at all. If the insurance company take a dislike to them then they will put your premium up or impose restrictions on where you can keep them. Most insurers cover up to approx £25,000 of contents insurance so I don't even mention my TV, Games console etc. My Mrs must have over £1000 worth of shoes and they aren't listed separately on our policy. Actually was trying to be funny with the last bit but just totted up my footwear and they come to over £600!
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Mine are mentioned in the policy just because with everything i've got it adds up to about £1000.

The company who i've got my policy with weren't bothered, like Balbosa above said they just put it as sporting equipment.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

We just got our first house and both me and my misses airsoft and have a fair few guns we arranged the insurance wih RBS after doing the mortgage and they didn't care what the guns were just that none of them were worth over £2000ish each iirc or else would have to cover separately.
            Originally posted by Fenriz
            I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

Most household policies will be subject to a "single item limit", which basically means all items under X value are included, but anything over is not unless you tell them about it. It is usually about £1k (but do check).

In your case it would seem so long as your total cover value is right, you OK.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam_G Find out more about sam_G
              Working...
              X