Specter modular rifle system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specter modular rifle system

Hey guys, wondering if anyone's used/got one of these platforms? And are they any good?

They seem very appealing in that I can easily swap the upper receiver for another style should I fancy a change in kit but do the different receivers make a difference to the performance? I mean I gather the piston/spring is in the lower receiver so don't see how changing the upper will affect gameplay barring perhaps giving me some more RIS/fixed foresight etc.

But very keen to hear if anyone's got a review of the system, its not that expensive but maybe its a pile of poo, I don't know lol.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Re: Specter modular rifle system

Sorry to reply jump on board, but i'd be very interested in people's experiences of these too - had my eye on these for a little while: are they worth the money?

*hands back thread*

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

If you google 'Yosser' I remember him doing a blog/review of this system a while ago.... I would link it but I'm afraid of getting an e-spanking.

As I recall he thought quite highly of the system.

Comment

"Spectre modular system"

As my mate puts it (he nearly bought one) - its modular - you pull a pin out and the upper slides off, you fit a new upper and job done.

Wait a sec - ALL TM style m4s are like this.

He bought two KWA carbines for half the price of the spectre system (two uppers and a lower) and has exactly the same thing, but with a spare lower in case his gearbox dies. One could simply do the same with any pair of matching rifles....
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          Wait a sec - ALL TM style m4s are like this.
          Except those that are front wired

Comment

Good point - but is rear wiring really worth 250 quid?
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              Good point - but is rear wiring really worth 250 quid?
              Well my question was whether or not the different receivers offered anything, had a browse of Yosser's review and he mentioned a bit of difference in FPS but not much and the receiver might not have settled.
              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenrisianspirit I'm a huge geek. I love tinkering with computers, playing vidya games and listening to music.Why not zoidberg? Find out more about Fenrisianspirit
              Working...
              X