Feedback idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback idea

i have an idea about the rules of feedback. As im someone who buys alot of kit on here and who's girlfriend sells kit on here, im getting a bit annoyed that the moment i pay i dont get feedback. i think as the buyer once u pay thats your part done, so you should get feedback straight away. i've had experience were the seller hadnt given me feedback because i hadn't given it. HANG on a sec, I'm the one waiting to see if my item turns up or not, while u sit on my cash.

the moment people pay for kit off of my girlfriend she immediately gives them required feedback. she doesn't wait until the leave it for her.

am i the only one who has this happen?
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: Feedback idea

I wait until the item has been received and looked over before offering feedback, so I tend to offer feedback first.

This is so I can settle things amicably with the seller so both parties are happy. I've only had good experiences buying on here though. I had a little scare when I was meant to get 3 Emags but a magpul trigger guard turned up instead, got in contact with the seller and they'd sent the mags to my correct address. They turned up the next day and they must've just accidentally posted me the trigger guard, offered to post it back to them as I hadn't paid for it but they let me keep it. Was a great "transaction" in my mind, awfully polite and generous about the whole thing and was just as confused as me about the whole thing.

Similar thing with ebay, bought a rip off medic pouch (both for loadout and the fact I'm a competent first aider lol) but got a really funky admin pouch (in the wrong colour to boot), got in contact with the seller, sent the item back and got a refund for the recorded delivery (without even needing to produce a receipt) and they gave me some free medic pouches as compensation. Another great interaction with as far as I can tell good feelings all round (I'd used them before and intend on doing so again if they stock what I want).
    Last edited by Fenrisianspirit; 19 September, 2012, 16:46. Reason: Run on sentence from hell
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

but what im saying is mate is that if im buying a rif of XXX and i pays as soon as i get thier paypal i think xxx should leave me feedback, despite whatever feedback i will leave him. XXX wont have a problem getting positive feedback back from so long as the item is as stated when it arrives.

Comment

As far as I'm aware though you can't alter feedback, so if the buyer turns out to be a complete bugger and messes the seller round (as I've seen plenty of stories) what does the seller do? They've left positive feedback for a transaction that was anything but.

Comment

I agree, feedback should be given to the buyer as soon as they pay as their part of the transaction is finished.

Never happened with me though and I've bought 20+ things from here in the last couple of months.

Comment

But how could the buyer mess the seller about if he's already paid :s

I agree feedback for buyers should be left as soon as payment is cleared as i could pay instantly and the rest of the transaction could be a nightmare and when i come to leave negative feedback i would get "Revenge" negative feedback even though i was an honest buyer.

Spike

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun182 View Post

I agree feedback for buyers should be left as soon as payment is cleared as i could pay instantly and the rest of the transaction could be a nightmare and when i come to leave negative feedback i would get "Revenge" negative feedback even though i was an honest buyer.

Spike
              Could decide they don't want the item and claim its faulty to return it and get a refund or a partial for "repairs"? Only for it to be working fine when the seller gets it back, putting them out of pocket, seen this a couple of times.

Comment

i agree but i still stand by what i said, once i pay i should be given feedback. the one negative feedback i got was because i left a negative feedback because the seller said i could buy his item, i went and increased my overdraft to pay him then he said he sold it because i hadnt paid in time even tho he gave me a day to pay. Turns out the guy he sold it to offered it to me because the original guy said it was in excellent condition but the rear sight had been broken.

Comment

edit function on ps3 dont work

the seller could leave a second feedback or report it to a moderator to delete the first feedback or even change it from pos to neg

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun182 View Post

Spike
                    PayPal reverse
                    Bounced cheque
                    False accusations such as claiming its broken / didn't arrive / not as described

I don't ever leave feedback on eBay until the transaction is properly complete, as in both parties satisfied, because of all of these things happening multiple times - despite their rules being that as a seller you should do so as soon as you receive payment.
                    Gnu for hire. Oh wait... no... gun for hire.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                      edit function on ps3 dont work

the seller could leave a second feedback or report it to a moderator to delete the first feedback or even change it from pos to neg
                      A second feedback would look dodgy and mess up the stats, and I don't think moderators will or can change feedback (but maybe they can)

Comment

Can mods remove feedback if needed?

Comment

i got fed up of waiting for feed back.. ive bought 3-5 times more than my feed back has suggested and ive sold a bit as well, i make sure i always leave feedback once the item has been received.

Comment

Who really cares if they get the feddback today, or next week?

Buyer leaves me feedback to signal it has arrived and OK, I return the favour.

Besides, as a seller, holding back on feedback is encouragement to the large number of buyers who never bother to leave any or let you know it arrived OK!

Comment

Yes we can but it's unnecessary work.

but why should paying for something require feedback? Tesco don't give you feedback for how well you put your pin number in do they?

Until what you have paid for has arrived and the sale completed it's pointless jumping the gun. This isn't and won't be the last time this comes up but all that's required is damned patience.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                              Working...
                              X