Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Courier to Poland? Help

Originally posted by blair View Post
    just took it to the post office and asked to send it to another country?
    It's almost like Royal Mail's single main reason for existence is to send post to people.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

I'm from Greece and I've bought several guns from here including DSR-1 and M200.

The only way I found and works 100% is to send the gun in 2 pieces and ship each piece separately! At the description you'll have to put "Toy Parts" (which is true!) and send it!
      You'll have zero problems so will the buyer. I've bought from all around the world like this.. US, Japan, Malaysia ... Even Korea(one of the hardest countries! I've sold and bought stuff from there)

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Sent it fine by Parcel Farce was an incorrect Polish address so Paypal refunded me and the rifle came back so i got a £40 rifle, lol serves him right just got to fix it now.

Comment

fair play mate, good to hear you got your money back and the gun as a little bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
            Sent it fine by Parcel Farce was an incorrect Polish address so Paypal refunded me and the rifle came back so i got a £40 rifle, lol serves him right just got to fix it now.
            So, what you're telling us is that you're a blatant scam artist? As you now have the gun and the money and are laughing about it? The guy that bought it from you in good faith is now down the purchase amount with no gun to show for it. You'd obviously been in contact with him? I think the decent thing to do would be to refund him the full amount.

I will never truly understand people?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Blair is the one that bought it in the first place, personally i cant see an issue with it so long as it was done in genuine good faith there is no problem. And receiving it back makes up for the hassle he caused by selling him dodgy (incorrectly described) goods in the first place

Comment

Ah, I see. All is now apparent. Apologies to Blair for the misunderstanding. However, just because somebody doesn't describe an item correctly (I would assume English isn't his first language if he lives in Poland?) doesn't mean anybody should steal from them.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Its not stealing though, he has done what was requested and im sure that if he then got back in touch and asked for his RIF back it would be sent, provided he gives the correct address. I would do so anyway, but only if he covered the postage since i would have paid once already. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

It all depends on the address used.

If the guy in Poland gave the correct address, and the OP deliberatly put the wrong address so it would be returned, then that is theft under UK law.

If he was given an incorrect address, then that's not his fault at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is true but he said that it was posted to the address given on paypal and returned, so i would assume it was sent honestly and not done in a way to benefit from it by doing the address wrong.

You can only go by what you have been provided afterall.

Comment

The fact remains that Blair states that he is now going to get the rifle fixed, which leads me to believe that he is going to permanently deprive this 3rd party of it?

Therein lies the act of theft.

Comment

I'm with Robin on this one, although BAMF would be the expert on the legal side.

It all comes down to whether Blair intentionally sent it to an incorrect address or if the 3rd party gave him an incorrect address...

However imo the gun belongs to the Polish chap, therefore fixing it and keeping it would show that Blair has no intentions of handing it over if asked.

Isn't there something in the law where if you find something and no-one claims it within a set amount of time you get to keep it? And does this apply in this situation, if Blair has emailed this guy to say 'I have your gun, where would you like it sent?' and he doesn't respond, at what point should he get to keep it? Presumably he can't just keep it in a cupboard forever on the pretext that the guy will one day ask for it back?

The above is based on it being a legitimate error, and not trying to defraud the guy.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Surely it also depends on how he described the gun, if he'd said "A fully working mint condition M4 firing at over 300FPS with 5 mags" and it arrived as a broken dented M4 with no mags and missing parts, surely it's the sellers fault anyway as he clearly knew he was sending something different to what was sold? Although its obviously different if it was something really minor.

Comment

Thinking about this one last night, it occured to me that the Polish guy has been paid by paypal for the lost weapon.

Therefore, paypal are now the legal owners of the gun. It's no different to what happens if an insurance company write-off your car, it becomes their property and they can do what they like with it.

The OP needs to tell paypal that he's had it returned to him. If, after that, they don't want it then he's free to keep it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Paypal checked on the proof of posting to which address i sent it Paypal also know i have the rifle, the seller had 7 emails from me and Paypal also emailed him he choose to ignore all emails, plus paypal also deleted his account as he had a UK paypal account with a polish address. Which is against the T&C of paypal.

If he did contact me for it i would send it providing he refunded me for the £40 i payed to send it to Poland

I can link the original thread form which he was selling it too if you like he was selling a M4 GBBR with 6 mags and a torch sold as in "excellent condition",

The torch never arrived he either never included it or he claimed it was inside a A4 plastic wallet selotaped to the outside.
                                The 6 mags leaked faster than you could put gas in.
                                The rifle didnt fire.
                                I had it checked by my local airsoft shop ( as paypal asked me to get a 2nd opinion on it this also cost me £12) they quoted £147 to fix it all.
                                It was damaged around the receiver where the seller had FILLED it for some reason and made a right mess of it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                                Working...
                                X