Twisted inner barrel in l96??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisted inner barrel in l96??

Good idea or not really worth doing it??
    Warrior L96
    TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
    A&K M249 para
    WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Re: Twisted inner barrel in l96??

as i've been told, they are only worth it for guns that are around 300-350 FPS, so you might have to do abit of downgrading, they also increase range i think aswell as accuracy

sorry didn't really answer your question, they are definatley worth it if you have a gun at aroun 300-350 FPS

Comment

Define 'definitely'. I've seen no definitive evidence to suggest that they actually perform any better.

Aaaand you're gonna get better performance by pushing to 400-500fps than by staying at 330 and putting any kind of miracle barrel in.
      /9 out.

Comment

Well it already runs at approx 500, but tbh, i think ill look at a tight bore instead
        Warrior L96
        A&K M249 para
        WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Comment

as i say that is what i've been told, and also just before i bought my VSR 10, it was doing 3 inch groupings with the normal barrel at 30m the guy put a twist barrel in to test it and he said he was getting 1 inch groupings at 30m, the FPS was 300 and he didn't say what BBs he was using, but a big difference, i don't know about putting them in a higher FPS gun, but from what mj23lj has been telling me is that they are only really worth it for guns shooting out between 300-350 FPS i apologise if i'm wrong

Comment

I do also have the basic maruzen guts that Z1 put in there basic type 96, so maybe just maybe worth getting one for that but i'd like a deffinate answer/opinion on weather they are worth the money first...mark
            Warrior L96
            A&K M249 para
            WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Comment

I have a rifled barrel in my sa80, and had one in my m733, from what I could see the range does appear to improve but you can see a slight spiraling effect on the round as it flies to the target, accuracy I would say is on par with my rifles with tight bores fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTSNIPER View Post
                I do also have the basic maruzen guts that Z1 put in there basic type 96, so maybe just maybe worth getting one for that but i'd like a deffinate answer/opinion on weather they are worth the money first...mark
                First of all, you will 100% need a decent bucking and barrel spacers (Firefly Bucking, Laylax/PDI spacers).

A review of the barrel: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7815

It really depends on a few things...

I would say you would get 10-20' extra with a 6.01 EdGI barrel than you could with a TK, and you could use heavier rounds, but that wont last very an incredibly long time without upgrading other internals.

I'd say the consistency and accuracy for the TK would be slightly better than another TB at the 200' mark. Also the TK Twist barrel wont require you to upgrade other internals (other than the lower powered spring).

Originally posted by Bratton View Post
                I have a rifled barrel in my sa80, and had one in my m733, from what I could see the range does appear to improve but you can see a slight spiraling effect on the round as it flies to the target, accuracy I would say is on par with my rifles with tight bores fitted.
                I'm sorry to contradict you, but TK Twist Barrels have no rifling effect, and thus no "slight spiraling effect". I'll refer you to here: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7815

Side spin would not work on a spherical round, side spin and back spin would definitely not work on a spherical round. Think of over hop and the BB's curving upwards, the same would happen with the application of side spin.

I hope this helps...

p.s. This should also be in the "Technical Help" section, under "Tech - Single Action Guns."

Comment

Its been a while since I used my rifles with that barrel in, ill take them to my game on sunday and see what results I get.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTSNIPER View Post
                    Good idea or not really worth doing it??
                    Only if you want to limit yourself to around 330fps. The twist barrel reduces the internal bounce inside the barrel by creating a slight air barrier around the bb as it travels through the barrel but is only effective at around 330fps.

By many accounts, it does provide more accuracy. I'd use it on assault rifles only or at best on DMR type rifles that are both assault and marksman roles.

If I were keeping my KART EBR, I'd get one for that since although it's a snipr rifle, because it can go full auo, I'm limited to an absolute max of 381fps (0.2g bb) equating to 1.35 Joules. So getting it to be super accurate, a tight bore twist barrel might be the way to go.
                    Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

What it comes down to, really, is that a decent twist barrel is going to give better performance than a below par tightbore barrel. Drop the cash on a prommy (for example) 6.03 and you'll see a big performance jump compared to a standard barrel or an element 6.03 or even perhaps a systema 6.04.

The other thing you have to work with, if you're unhappy with your accuracy is the hop up. A good hop up is why a 300fps TM M14 can outshoot a 380fps clone. Something to think about.
                      /9 out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGTSNIPER Find out more about SGTSNIPER
                      Working...
                      X