Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do they do a high voltage nunchuck lipo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they do a high voltage nunchuck lipo?

all i can find are 7.4s and the rate of fire is pretty pants, it fires faster on a nimh so i know it can do it however i cant seem to find higher voltage nunchuck style lipos

does anyone know they exist?

You can get 11.1v but obviously they are split into 3 separate packs instead of 2.

Comment

Re: Do they do a high voltage nunchuck lipo?

ah so you cant get 2 cells in any higher than a 7.4?

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
        You can get uneven nunchucks but you can't get 2 cells higher than 7.4v as the cells are 3.7v each in all lipos.
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

could get a 4s LiFe battery would be 13.2v though..

Lipos your stuck with 3.7v per cell so, 3.7v, 7.4v and 11.1v ect.. that being 1s 2s and 3s respectively.
          And LiFE is 3.3v per cell, so 3.3v, 6.6v, 9.9v and 13.2v ect.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
            No because of them being 3.7v per cell.

I haven't seen anything over 11.1v in split packs either, plenty of 11.1v split cell types around though.

Comment

Nonsense! You can get 11.1v 2600mah lipo's in a twin stick nunchuck layout, they are simply stock tube 1300s in parallel, made for the likes of the ptw and ctws,
              Last edited by CK; 30 September, 2012, 09:19. Reason: Retailer hint

Comment

it will be a 2s and a 1s in parrallel. you cannot get lipos in any other varients than 3.7v per cell. To get a 11.1v lipo there HAS to be 3 cells.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                  Nonsense! You can get 11.1v 2600mah lipo's in a twin stick nunchuck layout, they are simply stock tube 1300s in parallel, made for the likes of the ptw and ctws,
                  Nonsense my Arse!!!

Lipos a 3.7v per cell so do please explain to me how you get 11.1v into two cells!!!

As said above it will be one cell on one side of the stock and two on the other.

If you know some magical new tech that makes lipos 5.5v per cell please do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    Nonsense my Arse!!!

Lipos a 3.7v per cell so do please explain to me how you get 11.1v into two cells!!!

As said above it will be one cell on one side of the stock and two on the other.

If you know some magical new tech that makes lipos 5.5v per cell please do tell.
                    5.55v, actually
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I do agree with MadWelshMan here, it can be 6 cells - 2 lipos in parallel are the equivalent of a single lipo with double the capacity. That would in fact be the easiest way to build your cell - simply buy 2x stock tube 11.1v lipos and wire them to a parallel connector. If you don't want to faff around with soldering the balancing leads, you can just charge the cells separately afterwards.

Comment

My apologies yes it can be done like that yes.

But

The most commonly available 11.1v lipos are simply split into 3 cells

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                          Nonsense my Arse!!!

If you put 2 batteries in series (that is with the one positive connected to the others negative) then you add the voltage

But if you connect them in parallel (that pos to pos and neg to neg) you add the mah of the cells.

So 3 cells in series for your 11.1 the pair that with anther in parallel and you there you go. Granted its actually a 6 cells battery

Comment

there would need to be a 7 port balance lead on a 6x1s parallel battery, so the one tisane linked as a pic is still a standard 3s, plus you can see the cells in the back ground are far taller

Comment

That picture states its a 3s Lipo not 6s...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X