Parcel Force and customs "Revised Charges to be paid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Force and customs "Revised Charges to be paid"

hey guys does this mean i got some charges to pay for VAT and import tax ?

If so where can I obtain the reference number, where will it be sent (billing address or postal ?)

Re: Parcel For and customs "Revised Charges to be paid"

They'll send it to your local depot and then post you a letter with a price and a reference number so you can pay it online.

You'll pay VAT and an extra parcel force charge which is usually an extra £30.

Comment

Is this to my postal address though as my billing address is a long way away and once paid will they send to my address

Comment

The invoice will go to wherever the parcel is being posted to.

Comment

Thanks tisane

Comment

Date Time Location Tracking Event
            08-10-2012 11:50 National Hub Received and processed
            08-10-2012 03:15 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
            08-10-2012 03:10 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
            05-10-2012 10:17 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging
            04-10-2012 08:27 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance
            04-10-2012 08:21 International Hub Received in destination country
            29-09-2012 21:43 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Forwarded for export
            28-09-2012 11:49 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer

Does thsi mean the charges been paid for or not ?

Comment

It means there'll be a form posted through your door telling you you're about to be financially screwed by having to pay an extortionate "handling fee" as well as vat.

When it comes to importing via Parcel Force/Royal Mail it pays not to have stuff sent by them.

Always use UPS, or TNT if you can. Much better service, friendly deliveryman (mine is anyway), no handling fee, and 9 times out of 10, it gets to you quicker.

Comment

Parcelforce pay the import duty on your behalf and then you pay them when they deliver it to you, plus their fee for doing this.
                sigpic

Comment

oh ok Hopefully they will send to my postal address not my billing as im not there and hopefully not too much :/ and going to request delivery due to can't make the journey to depot ><

Comment

They won't deliver, you have to collect in person.

Comment

Re: Parcel For and customs &quot;Revised Charges to be paid&quot;

Originally posted by starscream View Post
                      They won't deliver, you have to collect in person.
                      Is that something new?

I've had items delivered with fees to pay.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am in the same boat as you buddy. My parcel just got out of customs today and is heading down to my local office overnight apparently. I have just rung the parcel force head office and paid the fee's £17.80 including a £13 handling fee. That way they can get it delivered to my house tomorrow without delays. I would recommend that you do the same. Or in the morning when it gets to your local office, ring them direct with your tracking code and pay the fees there and then.

08-10-2012 11:18 National Hub Received and processed

08-10-2012 06:42 International Hub Revised charges to be paid

06-10-2012 08:39 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging

30-09-2012 20:11 International Hub Awaiting Customs clearance

30-09-2012 20:04 International Hub Received in destination country

27-09-2012 21:42 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Forwarded for export

27-09-2012 19:06 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                          Is that something new?

I've had items delivered with fees to pay.
                          Must be the lot up my way then. They send the billing form through royal mail. Had it come through the door, and (after i'd caught up with the postie), I was told they won't deliver goods until payment of charges had been made.

They wanted nearly £40 for something that had cost £21 from HK including postage.

Comment

They wanted nearly £40 for something that had cost £21 from HK including postage.
                            Ouch!
                            sigpic

Comment

It means there'll be a form posted through your door telling you you're about to be financially screwed by having to pay an extortionate "handling fee" as well as vat.

When it comes to importing via Parcel Force/Royal Mail it pays not to have stuff sent by them.

Always use UPS, or TNT if you can. Much better service, friendly deliveryman (mine is anyway), no handling fee, and 9 times out of 10, it gets to you quicker.
                              TNT are just as bad (if not worse) than Parcel Force when it comes to handling fees. I bought an ACOG from Hong Kong worth £40, customs slapped £10 ontop so TNT added another £30 for letting me "use their bank account". So I sent them a nice letter telling them to go f*ck themselves. Not heard back since.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kinglemon Find out more about kinglemon
                              Working...
                              X