Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM M4 socom Recoil Front RIS compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM M4 socom Recoil Front RIS compatibility?

When it comes to drop-on type handguards (as opposed to freefloats) you should be fine in terms of length of barrel between barrel nut and handguard cap, I've dropped in RS MOE handguards. However the weird barrel nut/delta ring arrangement TM went with as stock might not work with the clamp at the rear of the 12 o/clock rail. If I recall correctly the extra piece TM added in with the 'cog teeth' has 2 parallel cuts at the 12 o/clock for the TM made RIS on the original SOPMOD though? So they might be alright.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I suppose it's worth a try, and it's cheaper anyway to buy a second hand (but good condition) KAC RAS than a new TM one !

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspar Reed View Post
        Thought it would be best to dig this up than start a new thread,

Does anyone know if a Real KAC RAS would fit on my TM socom ?

And if not what modifications would be required ?
        I've done it. Your problem is the dimensions of the TM RAS, which is fractionally smaller in diameter than the real thing. As a result the KAC RAS won't fit into the handguard cap or the delta ring properly. To fit the RAS, you really need to replace the handguard cap (dirt cheap) and the (rubbish anyway) TM faux barrel nut assembly. Guarder and G&P make barrel nuts that will fit the TM threading and the KAC RAS; I used Guarder.

Comment

Where are you getting your KAC RIS rails from as i am in need of two of them, please PM me, i have replaced the delta rings on my Sopmod with G&P ones, but now my original TM Rails won't fit, or can i get the TM rails to fit at all?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

camilz Airsoft, cars and aircraft, life would be empty without any of these 3 Find out more about camilz
          Working...
          X