Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What colour is this / What paint should i get to match it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What colour is this / What paint should i get to match it?

What colour is this? Got a plain black Scar at the moment and would quite like it to end up looking pretty similar to this. FDE or similar would be my best guess, but where can i get paint for it?

http://davidgiuffre.files.wordpress....y_drake_uk.jpg

Re: What colour is this / What paint should i get to match it?

I'd say it's just tan, every different manufacturer has a different take on tan, after a while most top recivers look almost bronze with natural weathering. The top reciver of.my blk classic army scar has kinda weathered a off blue colour.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like Foliage green to me?

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

I'm going to guess it's a photo of a regular tan SCAR, but desaturated. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          I'm going to guess it's a photo of a regular tan SCAR, but desaturated. :/
          Probably, yes, but i'd like to match this colour nonetheless.

Comment

Base coat of Foliage Green, and Tan sprayed (or dusted on to let the green show through) on top should do it. Just add more layers of Tan on top until you get the desired effect.

You could use a wide range of paints. I would use Vauxhall Leaf Green as the base and Nissan Beige on top... but that is just because I have those kicking around!

The darker the green the darker the overall colour will be unless you overload it with tan, in which case it will just go tan.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
              Base coat of Foliage Green, and Tan sprayed (or dusted on to let the green show through) on top should do it. Just add more layers of Tan on top until you get the desired effect.

You could use a wide range of paints. I would use Vauxhall Leaf Green as the base and Nissan Beige on top... but that is just because I have those kicking around!

The darker the green the darker the overall colour will be unless you overload it with tan, in which case it will just go tan.
              Excellent thanks. Is it possible to get the MK16 Mod 0 etc wording back onto the gun somehow?

Comment

If it's engraved than use wax to fill it after painting. If it's painted on then no, unless you can get a decal set made up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                  and Nissan Beige on top...
                  You Sir are my funking hero!

No coyote brown, tan, flat dark earth or khaki to make it sound cool just rock out the beige!!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Krydel Find out more about Krydel
                  Working...
                  X