French Sites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Sites.

Does anyone know of any airsoft sites in france? Me and my boys are based in Dover and its an idea of playing in Europe. Any one got any suggestions?
    TM P226 Custom, G&P Magpul M4 MOE CQB, Magpul ACR.

It's whats inside that counts!

Re: French Sites.

Well it works differently in France than here as far as I know.
    There is still freelancer but most of the peoples are part of non-profitmaking organization which is generally a team of people with their own site. Then team can invite other team or be invited.

The best way is to contact one of the association which are close to the area you want to visit and see if they are okay to have some visitor to come. Generally each team have its own private board so you can communicate.
    You can perhaps post a message here: http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/i...?showforum=109 It is the sub-forum of the area around Calais.

Price should be reasonable, I remember paying £2 for the day last time I did some Woodland/Quarry in France.
    If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

Flanbix,
      Thanks for the heads up with this. They sound like my kind of airsofter. I have fired off a few emails so hope something will come of it. I just need to look into the taking rif's through a border control now. Any ideas?

Comment

As long as you follow their rule (FPS limit, BB type...) and the French law, I don't see why they would turn you down.

Never had any real problem with crossing by ferry with my RIF. I will advise you to clearly say to the custom what you have. Can be a bit difficult to explain clearly when you get control by a group of armed men and you have a stockpile of replica in the car...

Reminder, in France, only an adult can operate an Airsoft replica.
        If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

Oh man... I've ALWAYS wanted to play at some French sites. I've seen some youtube footage of some of their Urban and CQC sites and they look insane. I wish I lived in Dover so I could just nip across and play...

I'm in Carcassonne quite often but I don't know of any sites there. I might sign up on France Airsoft and ask around...

Comment

Originally posted by MrFunk View Post
            Does anyone know of any airsoft sites in france? Me and my boys are based in Dover and its an idea of playing in Europe. Any one got any suggestions?
            Did you get around to it, and, if so, what were the gun transporting arrangements, as I and a couple of mates, fancy the idea too!
            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Never heard back from and of the french sites. Obviously scared of us, lol. I will try again soon, business is busy atm.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                Did you get around to it, and, if so, what were the gun transporting arrangements, as I and a couple of mates, fancy the idea too!
                I travel through Europe lots with my RIFs.

I always use DFDS Dunkirk / Dover so I am a bit of an authority on their procedures.

1. Make your booking either on line or by phone. It is cheaper online.
                2. Phone up the customer services number with your booking reference and ask for a "code 100" against your booking.
                3. Answer questions:

Q.What type of weapons are you carrying?
                A. Airsoft replica firearms - they are working models, but look real so need to be booked on as though they are real.

Q. Do you have all the required licences for these weapons
                A. They do not require a licence. They are only age restricted for purchase

Q. Will the bolts be removed for transport?
                A. Yes (for my GBBRs) or They are electric powered, the batteries will be removed.

Q. How much ammunition will you be carrying?
                A. 6000+ rounds **wait for gasp on other end** but they are only plastic balls.

Q. How will the weapons be transported?
                A. In a gun case, in the boot of the car, out of public view.

Sorted! It is a 2 minute phone call and it is free to book them on.

4. On arrival at Dover surrender your vehicle for search at the customs bay (with the little owl symbol). Somebody may try to usher you onwards - DO NOT GO ONWARDS - explain you have a code 100 and they will sort you out.

5. Inside the inspection simply lay the gun cases on the table and let the old boys have a look over them. You will need your passport and booking reference.

6. They will then call ahead to the ferry operator and confirm that you have booked the weapons on and send you on your way. DO NOT LEAVE THE INSPECTION BAY UNTIL YOU HAVE A RED STICKER ON YOUR WINDSCREEN. Failure to get the sticker will result in you being turned away from check in and back to the inspection bay.

7. Proceed to check in. You will normally be assigned a lane away from the others.

8. When boarding the ferry you have to put your hazard lights on so the loadies know you are the one with weapons. The used to take your car keys off you for the duration of the crossing. The no longer take your keys so you may no longer have to so the hazard light thing.

I have never been searched coming out of Dunkirk as it is a smaller dock without many of the facilities. I have never done the trip through Calais.

I imagine all ferry operators and indeed the tunnel will have a similar process.

Comment

Bill, thats a brilliant write up, thank you. Where do you play when you go to europe?

Comment

I don't really play in Europe. I lived in Germany until Saturday just gone so I travelled back to the UK to play.

Germany - guns had to be semi and tested for compliance. Nearest proper site was nearly 5 hours drive.
                    Holland - until recently airsoft was illegal
                    Belgium - no good sites that I could find
                    France - no good sites that I could find

Now live back in the UK and can airsoft to my heart's content!

Comment

Welcome home sir!.
                      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrFunk Find out more about MrFunk
                      Working...
                      X