Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing boots

i know we've got a few military types on here

does anyone have any advice for fixing my boots? - the leather is peeling away in places and its looking pretty rough.

any help appreciated

cheers
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: fixing boots

Are the soles still attached well? If the boots are still in one piece and you are just experiencing a bit of leather peeling off, just pay them a bit of attention and polish them a few times.

If they are falling apart then you need to get them fixed by a pro or buy some new boots.

Darkchild

Comment

yeah been spending this afternoon doing that.

just wondered if there were any trick of the trade i dont know about.

cheers mate

mac
      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I had a similar problem, so i got the tin of pollish and set fire to it (outside!) which turned it to liquid, then put the lid back on it to extinquish the flame, the liquid pollish filled in all the cracks fairly well, just dont get any on clothing and stuff, but if their too far gone, then a new pair may be one of the only few options.

Comment

Pure bees wax and a blow torch. it will fill the cracks and help the waterproofing and give a good strong base for your polish of choice!!

Comment

Or rub the polish onto the boots and then hold over the gas stove.

Probably doesn't work with an electric hob though...lol
            sigpic

Comment

well i did the whole set fire to the polish and really scrubbed it all in.

i added a few layers of super glue to strengthen up the effected areas then just coated it all with layer after layer of polish.

all looking pretty solid now.

the damage isnt major so a new pair of boots arent required just yet.
              cheers all
              mac
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

use shoe goo
                Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                Working...
                X